Why the Dark Grey Interior?

dom418

Established Member
You mean on some of the 04's? I'm not sure but I've had 2 Cobras with the dark inserts and the area where your legs rest do not wear very well. I can't imagine how much worse it would be with actual black alcantara

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
You mean on some of the 04's? I'm not sure but I've had 2 Cobras with the dark inserts and the area where your legs rest do not wear very well. I can't imagine how much worse it would be with actual black alcantara

I'm not talking about the seats but the whole interior.

The Dark Grey dash, headliner, carpet, door panels, etc.

RichM1983

Established Member
I was under the impression every mustang after 01 had the same color "black" interior? GT, V6 or Cobra it was all the same color.

Is that wrong?

RichM1983

Established Member
Some (non cobras) had a tan type interior. My dads 02 GT had a brown/tan dash and interior.
Yeah I knew there was a brown but I thought all of the cars that were black were all the same color black. I didn't think the Cobra had a different black than the GT or V6.

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
The switch was in 99. 94-98 'stangs had a true black interior. I have a 98GT, and the interior is a true black color. In 99, they went to a charcoal. I believe the color is called Midnight Black according to Ford. The only thing I can think of as far as why they went from a true black interior to a dark charcoal one is because of fading. This is just speculation on my part, but overtime, a black interior has the potential to fade if subjected to the elements on a regular basis (i.e. sunlight). A black interior will eventually show varying degrees of black, unless of course the car lives in a garage most of it's life and/or the interior is properly protected in some way. A dark charcoal interior would still be subjected to fading over time, but I'd guess that the variance would not be as noticeable when compared to a true black interior that has faded. That's my .02 cents on the subject.

I've also thought of finding mint 98 black interior pieces and swapping out the interior of the 03. My dream car has always been a 67 GT Fastback painted in Midnight Blue with a black interior, but Sonic Blue with a pitch black interior would be a good compromise. I like the dark charcoal color, but I think it would be cool to have an all true black interior, and only those that know these cars or Mustangs really well would notice that it was changed.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The real question is, why not the whore-house red interior from 94?

1083d5614ced59f27a3781e256ff721a.jpg

wckdvnm

Established Member
The real question is, why not the whore-house red interior from 94?

1083d5614ced59f27a3781e256ff721a.jpg

Some part of me thinks this wouldn't be that bad on a torch red car lol I heard that's a rare color combo? Not sure really; it's just a lot of red

cj428mach

Established Member
I miss the interior of my old '90 ranger. Full Maroon

Lol Ford's were the worst when it came to colored interiors. I remember I almost bought a mid 90s 4x4 ranger for college. The truck was green and I loved the look of it but the matching green interior turned me off.

Users who are viewing this thread