Will Ford offer 2019 GT350 enhancements in FRPP catalog?

2K11_GT500

Established Member
Noticing that most of 2019 GT350 enhancements are able to be retrofitted on to early GT350s like my 2017 I wonder if Ford will offer a upgrade kit in the performance catalog for 2019

Look at the list of changes:
  1. optimized grille closeout
  2. redesigned rear spoiler (gurney flap)
  3. Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires
  4. recalibrated springs (10 percent softer in the rear and 10 percent firmer in the front)
  5. *revised damping (10 percent softer in the rear and 10 percent firmer in the front)
  6. *revised antilock braking tuning
  7. *tuning for the Magneride system, ABS and electronic power steering system have also been revised.
1-4 are bolt-ons or body/suspension changes. like springs or a wing.
5-7 are electronically programmable unless current components cant perform to needed specs which I doubt

The real danger for Ford is if they do not create a kit I'm sure a aftermarket vendor/tuner will if the performance difference is big enough.

I was already planning to go to PSC 2 rubber for HPDE in the future, moving to the 350 tire size means I dont have to buy R style rims.

Rich H

ANGREY

Established Member
The Cup 2 rubber is a sales trick. Unless you want to spend 3x as much (1.5x cost twice as often), a lot of R guys are not replacing with Cup 2s. I've read service life as low as 5k miles and the longest I've seen claimed was 30k and the guy got a ton of grief/BS callout for it.

2K11_GT500

Established Member
Interesting every where I read they talk about far better grip than the super sporrs which only lasted 20K miles for me. I personally would take the trade if the peefperform was there if the tread lasted 10K with lots of track use

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
  1. optimized grille closeout
  2. redesigned rear spoiler (gurney flap)
  3. Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires
  4. recalibrated springs (10 percent softer in the rear and 10 percent firmer in the front)
  5. *revised damping (10 percent softer in the rear and 10 percent firmer in the front)
  6. *revised antilock braking tuning
  7. *tuning for the Magneride system, ABS and electronic power steering system have also been revised.

1 and 2 are unlikely to produce a significant performance benefit.

3 you can just buy from a tire store

4 and 5 shift the handling bias toward understeer.

6 might be worth having if you're tracking the car aggressively

7 ABS and Magride changes are covered in 5 and 6 above, so that leaves EPAS. Maybe the EPAS upgrade will reduce tramlining :)

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
1 and 2 are unlikely to produce a significant performance benefit.

3 you can just buy from a tire store

4 and 5 shift the handling bias toward understeer.

6 might be worth having if you're tracking the car aggressively

7 ABS and Magride changes are covered in 5 and 6 above, so that leaves EPAS. Maybe the EPAS upgrade will reduce tramlining :)
Pretty much all of this.

Also it's the R grill cutout. You can already buy it.

Billy Johnson wouldn't tell us anything on the performance improvement of the rear spoiler and from what I have gathered from @Tob on the R spoiler is even that sits too low for any significant down force. So this new one is mostly for looks.

I really, really would like the revised ABS though. The car doesn't seem to like hard bumps when threshold braking. Billy also raved about how much better it does at letting you trail brake (which isn't an issue I have come across, but I'm also no where near his driving level, so there could be a limit I'm not seeing because I'm a baby).

The MRC tuning can be purchase aftermarket for $1200 (DSC sport) and from what I understand it's a significant improvement and they also allow you to custom tune your own shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread