Window suddenly rolls up too far... 2000 GT

mr 347

Established Member
For some reason the other day i went to shut the door, and it wont shut all the way, because of the glass. If you really slam it, it will shut. What would cause this? If I drop the window just 1/4 inch it shuts like butter.... Thanks for any feedback.

max_gt281

I'm having the same issue on the driver door of my '01 GT...Haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has found a fix or had the same issue.

DJAMiller

Established Member
I have had window issues on my 03 as well a the 02 I owned before. The big problem with these cars is the glued on retainer that holds the window and goes to the regulator. Over time the glue seems to give and the clip comes off. If you pull the door panel off, clean the window real good and reglue the clip on with some epoxy it should solve your issue.

jaxbusa

Established Member
I had the same issue. I used some kind of epoxy from Autozone and it didn't hold. I was getting a windshield put in by a professional and told him about my window and he hooked me up. He cleaned the area and used a glass primer and some professional glue. I don't know what it was. It has been fine since. It might be worth bringing the window to a glass company and have them glue it on. I know one place recommended that I buy a new window because the rail is glued on from the factory. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread