Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Headphones

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
With my recent promotion I’ll be traveling quite often therefor I’m shopping for quality wireless Bluetooth headphones. They’ll be used for listening to music, watching movies and I’m hoping for some sort of noise cancellation as I’m currently working on my MBA and feel they could also be used for blocking out the wife and kiddos while studying!

I’ve read several online comparisons as well as Consumer Reports but prior to making a purchase thought I would see what everyone has here. I don’t want to spend more than $400.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I wore Bose noise canceling headphones so I wouldn’t go deaf driving my GT500 to the Ring awhile back. Simply amazing the amount of noise reduction....

bigmoose

Established Member
If you are willing to deal with a cord the QC25s can be had for $179. I picked up a pair of these and really like them. I cannot use wireless at work. I also like the QC25 because it has a replaceable AAA battery vs others with a built in rechargable one. If mine dies I swap in 2 seconds and I'm back to good. That is very nice while traveling.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Forgive my ignorance because I'm so illiterate when it comes to stuff like headphones. Where does the music get sourced from? Can you pick up local radio stations from it? Is there a monthly service you have to pay? Do you download your I tunes to it? I've been thinking about getting something like this to concentrate at home and just don't want to have to pay for a monthly service for it.

I'm looking for something you could perhaps listen to local radio stations on or music that is free, essentially, with noise canceling headphones. I don't know if this should be made into a completely different thread or just piggy back off of this one.

Last edited:

mdever12

Established Member
If you are willing to deal with a cord the QC25s can be had for $179. I picked up a pair of these and really like them. I cannot use wireless at work. I also like the QC25 because it has a replaceable AAA battery vs others with a built in rechargable one. If mine dies I swap in 2 seconds and I'm back to good. That is very nice while traveling.
+1. Have had these for 4 years and love them.

Blown 89

Established Member
Hopefully you like the Sony's.

I would have gone with a pair of Futuresonic G10's and an aptx-hd receiver myself. The headphones aren't wireless but the aptx-hd receiver is and the sound quality will utterly destroy Bose, Sony, etc.

They use passive noise cancelling and have foam tip options should you want to go completely silent. If you're studying and don't have music playing simply use foam earplugs or get a set of molds made.

colin450

Established Member
I have Bose Quiet Comfort and love them. Great battery life and sound great. You can reduce the amount of noise canceling in the Bose app even though I'm not sure why you'd want to.

Coiled03

Established Member

I would have gone with a pair of Futuresonic G10's and an aptx-hd receiver myself. The headphones aren't wireless but the aptx-hd receiver is and the sound quality will utterly destroy Bose, Sony, etc.

They use passive noise cancelling and have foam tip options should you want to go completely silent. If you're studying and don't have music playing simply use foam earplugs or get a set of molds made.

This isn't a dig at you....but people should be required to post frequency response curves when making claims about sound quality with regards to anything; headphones, speakers, receivers, anything. Otherwise, all we're doing is posting our perceptions.

Yes, I know this is completely unrealistic. But I can still hope.

Blown 89

Established Member
This isn't a dig at you....but people should be required to post frequency response curves when making claims about sound quality with regards to anything; headphones, speakers, receivers, anything. Otherwise, all we're doing is posting our perceptions.

Yes, I know this is completely unrealistic. But I can still hope.
I agree however, finding response curves is harder to do since there isn't a standardized way of getting those curves. The audiomolester forums are full of people posting curves from homemade rigs which, as you can imagine, probably produce wildly different results from each depending on how they build them.

In a perfect world though....

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member

Those partially Sony’s are the top rated wireless noise cancelling headphones on every single technology-review-based-website I can find. For traveling and homework in sure they’re more than adequate.

Coiled03

Established Member
I agree however, finding response curves is harder to do since there isn't a standardized way of getting those curves. The audiomolester forums are full of people posting curves from homemade rigs which, as you can imagine, probably produce wildly different results from each depending on how they build them.

In a perfect world though....

Agreed, thus my "completely unrealistic" quip.

Blown 89

Established Member
Those partially Sony’s are the top rated wireless noise cancelling headphones on every single technology-review-based-website I can find. For traveling and homework in sure they’re more than adequate.
If you're happy with them that's all that matters. Everyone's tastes are different.

Users who are viewing this thread