World's Most Powerful Personal Laser - 1Watt for $200 bucks

Good Idea or Not?

• It's not as dangerous as it sounds....

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • It's really dangerous and I would be careful of it

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I hope US bans this from being imported

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • I would buy it and use it as a gag thing

Votes: 24 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
So is there a way to make it shoot out of a gun in intervals?? I guess you could just use it like a single shot and the laser would cut itself off and then start again...

Star Wars?

stangin99

Established Member
So besides burning shit up, what's the point of owning one of these, lol.

resident-evil-laser-hallway.jpg

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
It's do-able. I don't know that 1 watt would hurt anyone or burn anything. We have 40-watt lasers that are used in surgery, they are not very big at all, though still cart mounted. Those hurt if you get in the beam.

Like the others said, it depends on the power supply and the efficiency of the laser in converting power.

Jim Snover

Derek, Jim? Plausible?

Black Sex

Established Member
This is every scouts dream. You could get a dozen merit badges with this thing alone. Not to mention fight off grizzly bears AND brown recluses driving pontiac solstices going 65000 mph.

For some dumb reason I LOL'd at this. They give scouts a badge now for playing video games.WTF? I would love to have a laser like this. My neighbors dog pisses me off. Not to mention the next time someone cuts you off in traffic you can silently flatten their tire without them knowing.
I dont know if anyone else caught the show on History channel about lazers. I think it was one of the "Is it real" shows or something like that. They said the days of Star Wars laser guns will be reality before you know it. The military already has lasers that can shoot down and destroy a incoming missle in like 2 or 3 seconds. They also have a bigass one mounted on the front of a jet that can destroy things up to 6 miles away :eek:. Thats scary

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
I dont know if anyone else caught the show on History channel about lazers. I think it was one of the "Is it real" shows or something like that. They said the days of Star Wars laser guns will be reality before you know it. The military already has lasers that can shoot down and destroy a incoming missle in like 2 or 3 seconds. They also have a bigass one mounted on the front of a jet that can destroy things up to 6 miles away :eek:. Thats scary

The concept of focused energy is not new, but it's a matter of power and technology. We certainly have the technology, it's the power I think we lack.

LightningLou

Established Member
The laser mounted inside the plane is HUGE. It takes up the whole bay of a C130. Yes, that laser can do massive damage, but it's FAR from hand held.

An aerial gunner's dream right there...

Anyone here successfully order one of these yet? This is too cool. :-D

TheShadow

Hey, you're a funny guy.
Established Member
Hey Jim,

In Terminator, during the gun store scene, Arnold requests "a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range". Would this actually be weaponry grade at 40 watts in pulsed bursts?

How would the effect of plasma differ from laser if this was real?

Users who are viewing this thread