Would you have given Jeter his 3,000th hit ball?

The 250k ball..

• Keep it.

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Give it back.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
His 3000th hit homerun ball was estimated to have been worth around $250,000. The guy who caught it gave it back and the Yankees gave him a pretty sweet deal, but its still no 250k.

So, would you have given it back?

dooberGN

Established Member
I would have given it back for 100k. I mean keeping it is out of the question, you would have to be a huge douchebag to do that.

But I would have made money on it **** season tickets for the rest of the season.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I would have given it back for 100k. I mean keeping it is out of the question, you would have to be a huge douchebag to do that.

But I would have made money on it **** season tickets for the rest of the season.

Who's going to give you 100k though?

THE_STIG

Established Member
I'm a die hard Yankess fan, I would have returned it to Jeter without any second thought.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Hell no, if he wanted to pay me, say, half a million for it sure he can have it, otherwise id advertise to all sports marketing centers and sports memorabilia collectors that I have it and put it up for auction. Either way I'd be happy.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I would have held out for more than the guy got, although he did get a sweet deal.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
i'm not a yankees or jeter fan, so i would have gotten as much as i could for it from the highest bidder.

i would of say "show me the money" lol

for the right price, sure

hell no, if he wanted to pay me, say, half a million for it sure he can have it, otherwise id advertise to all sports marketing centers and sports memorabilia collectors that i have it and put it up for auction. Either way i'd be happy.

+1

Raven519

Established Member
I would have gotten it and ran out of the stadium and sold it to the highest bidder. However, I don't think the person had a choice. I think they use "marked baseballs" now for special occasions and it has to be returned, and in return you get some other memorabilia.

dooberGN

Established Member
Players usually say they wouldnt pay for a milestone ball.. Sooo what if he wouldve said no to your offer?

Bullshit he is only the 28th guy to hit 3k, he would pay 100k for it. If he didn't I would act as if I'm going to keep it hoping Steinbrenners fat ass forks over the 100k for him.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Id take that shit and run, and sell it on ebay.

I dont care if it makes me a douchebag, id be the douchebag with a $200k house paid for in cash and a C6Z in the driveway also paid for in cash.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Id take that shit and run, and sell it on ebay.

I dont care if it makes me a douchebag, id be the douchebag with a $200k house paid for in cash and a C6Z in the driveway also paid for in cash.

I'll take this for a thousand alex...

crew_dawg16

Established Member
I would have given it back for sure. 3,000 hits is one hell of an achievement and he deserves to have it. That dude can sell the tickets and make some money off that if he wants.

Users who are viewing this thread