WTB 07-09 or 2010 GT500 in FLORIDA AREA

JW03

Established Member
Thanks tho... where are you located? I took a loan out for this one. The guys a straight shooter and I'm going to rent a car drive to Memphis to buy it and drive the car back. Should be fun.
I'm in South Carolina.

Glad to see you found one! And like I said I've pretty much decided to keep mine. I was planning to sell due to us building a house, but my wife has ok'ed keeping it. I just hate to have it in storage for the next 6 months!

GokartMozart315

Established Member
where are these cars for sale around $27k? i want to find a high-mileage car that's still in good shape, and that price sounds about right. but everything i see is expensive and basically doilied up, paint correction, etc lol

ANMCycle

Screw it KB Style
Established Member
But if you want a high mileage car for whatever reason..... they are out there for low low 20's like 21k.... shit this guy greg on the forum I almost bought his car, way less mods way less power he was asking 24500$ it was beautiful 30k miles , but nothing compared to the car I bought off todd..... GLAD that didn't work out lol, I still was in the process of selling my truck when greg I think his user name is kit5_oh or something was selling his. His had some work done to it tho.

white88lx

Established Member
Why do you want a high mileage car? I bought my 2008 gt500 from member Texaspeed , Todd he's a really awesome guy here on the forums, super nice, knows a lot and keeps allllll his toys and things he owns as well as his house (even the kids toys LOL!) perfect and in order. No bullshit the bikes were all lined up perfectly in the garage AWAY from the car lol.... I paid 30,000$ and it had every bolt on possible, 740whp with a kenne bell liquid cooled blower. Only thing wrong is the car had a minor hit in a Walmart parking lot and the original owner, i am the 4th owner and he reported it to insurance like a tool, just to replace the bumper. I drove it from tennesee to Florida, I drove 986 miles and spent 139$ on gas since the cars tuned on 93.... no issues yet, I think it might need a HID bulb, (if you even consider that an issue) as well as the inside trunk light needs to be secured. Other than that no issues cars beautiful and was perfectly waxed you could see yourself in it , even tho right now it's covered in bugs and brake dust and dirt from the rain and drive home. I'm loving the car so far. This build is my dream car, I just hope I can afford to drive it as a daily lol. But todds the man, I would seriously hold off and wait for another deal like that, 20k miles on the car when I bought it too. I paid 30k and now I just have to pay tax in my state which is going to be .03 percent ;). I'm throwing a front windshield tint stripe across the front window and that's it. I hope the tune is good for this Florida humidity..... Texas and Florida are not really close to humidity levels and or temperature especially in the summer, it's brutal here. Might throw it on the rollers and just see if the tunes good for Florida weather or if it needs to be tweeked.... not sure since the car runs so well as is as of now and no issues. My father always said if it's not broke don't fix it. So.... maybe at most I'll just bring it to the top shop throw her on the rollers and take a peak at the tune, see if it can be improved because of the weather, and maybe add a dedicated boost guage. Good luck... honestly man...I'd make a post like I did, and then check back everyday and see if anyone posted a car in your price range up. Also I would stick to cars that are tuned on pump gas makin decent power like that rather then a car with head work, or whatever..... me I personally wanted something reliable. I'm pretty sure I found the perfect car for me..... but if your not going to be using it as a REAL daily driver... like only vehicle..... then it's up to you. But I got like 22mpg on the way home I think is what it came out to, and now around town I'm getting over 16 city but it's dropping slowly... it's all about how you drive the car. I'm not driving it like grandma either. Good luck and sorry for the lame response previously I was driving at the time .... I did so much searching.... there was better deals on here then anywhere else online, by far. The forum is awesome and so far so are all the members. Thanks everyone who runs and moderates the forum, especially Todd for parting with his baby.

Just to let you know you don't need to put it on the rollers for Florida weather. The car was originally tuned in Florida (Jacksonville) with all the bolt ons. Just fyi I know this cause I am the owner prior to Todd that put all the stuff on.

ANMCycle

Screw it KB Style
Established Member
Just to let you know you don't need to put it on the rollers for Florida weather. The car was originally tuned in Florida (Jacksonville) with all the bolt ons. Just fyi I know this cause I am the owner prior to Todd that put all the stuff on.
Can you text me i have a few questions 9083045058

GokartMozart315

Established Member
But if you want a high mileage car for whatever reason..... they are out there for low low 20's like 21k.... shit this guy greg on the forum I almost bought his car, way less mods way less power he was asking 24500$ it was beautiful 30k miles , but nothing compared to the car I bought off todd..... GLAD that didn't work out lol, I still was in the process of selling my truck when greg I think his user name is kit5_oh or something was selling his. His had some work done to it tho.

your deal sounds pretty great, which is why i'm looking on here. not going to pay anywhere's near $30k though, more like 20, which is why a high-mileage car makes sense for me

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Been thinking of selling my 2008 with under 10k miles, 9,xxx I believe. Has a 2.6 upper pulley, jlt intake and borla catback. Also has 20" Vossen VFS6 wheels and tires with lots of tread left on them. Eibach lowering springs, m/m c/c plates and a bmr panhard bar.

The catback is rattling either on the axle or the body somewhere and has been too close to the rear valence that it has melted it a tad, will post a picture to show. And since the car has been lowered it has a popping sound at a stop and low speeds when turning due to what I believe is the top iso on the drivers side getting bound up because it sits so low. Neither of these are major issues though. The car runs flawlessly and is 100% dependable.

Asking 32k with the Vossens and 30k without.

You can call or text me if you'd like and we can talk about it.

404-944-0734

Andrew

IMG_20160610_113913785_zpsm2uikkw6.jpg

IMG_20170208_130327920_zpsajssli9y.jpg

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Sorry about your troubles. I learned my lesson about buying heavily modified cars built by someone else when I bought a 03 cobra with a 3.4 whipple. Had so many issues within the first month that I ended up selling it. That being said, we should expect to have problems with cars that aren't stock. It's the nature of the beast.

Good luck getting it all sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread