WTB 14 GT500

NIL8U

Established Member
Bump
Nobody gents? I've been looking for a while. I know it's out there somewhere!

NIL8U

Established Member
How much you looking to spend?
Depends on what you got. There are currently 2 I may pull the trigger on. Both are below 3k miles one owner etc. One is just to far and the other is a color I am not to thrilled about. Both are at 51k or below.

I've been emailed about higher mileage cars and sellers asking 66k. I tried not to laugh.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah I would want 57k for mine. Optioned out with the glass roof and the shaker 1000 system with 3,500 miles on the clock, silver, factory stripe delete.

Saleen281sc

I've got a Cobra,too
Established Member
I'm looking too and have my eye on a couple around the 50k range with less than 800 miles on them. Unfortunately there's quite a few owners and dealers who have ridiculous numbers on these cars and many of them are out of the factory warranty. I'm willing to wait and just go with the new GT500 when it hits.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Just a thought here......why would anyone spend over $50k for a 13-14 when the 18 model should set another HP record and is going to be under $70k? No offense to those who have the 13-14, if I was to pick any gt500 those are the two years I'd pick from but dam; it's like people buy them, park them, drive them twice a year and want to sell them for their original sticker price a few years later. Looking at the ones that have actually been driven, the price tags seem to be around $43k and slowly dropping with about 35k miles. (I only know that as I have been contemplating it myself recently)

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Where are you guys seeing these one owner low mileage GT500 cars? All I see are mostly 2 or 3 owner low mileage GT500s.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Where are you guys seeing these one owner low mileage GT500 cars? All I see are mostly 2 or 3 owner low mileage GT500s.

Tones, you are not looking in the right places. I can see anywhere from 40 to 50 below 8K mile 13/14 GT500's with some at great prices. Its not easy finding all one owner cars but they are out there. There was a black 2014 about an hour from me with only 1800 miles and one owner. It just sold last week and the asking price was at $49K. If I was ready to buy I would have grabbed that about 4 months ago when the listing first appeared. Its obvious that many of these GT500's that are listed have not been moving and many have been lowering their prices. I have been tracking these 13/14's for about 8 months now. Check these sites:

CarGurus.com had the most low mileage ones.
Autolist.com had a 154 2013/2014 GT500's listed today.
CarsForSale.com
Listingallcars.com
Cars.com
Autotrader.com

Always do nationwide when searching not 100 miles. This will give you the most results.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Tones, you are not looking in the right places. I can see anywhere from 40 to 50 below 8K mile 13/14 GT500's with some at great prices. Its not easy finding all one owner cars but they are out there. There was a black 2014 about an hour from me with only 1800 miles and one owner. It just sold last week and the asking price was at $49K. If I was ready to buy I would have grabbed that about 4 months ago when the listing first appeared. Its obvious that many of these GT500's that are listed have not been moving and many have been lowering their prices. I have been tracking these 13/14's for about 8 months now. Check these sites:

CarGurus.com had the most low mileage ones.
Autolist.com had a 154 2013/2014 GT500's listed today.
CarsForSale.com
Listingallcars.com
Cars.com
Autotrader.com

Always do nationwide when searching not 100 miles. This will give you the most results.
Thanks man. I appreciate it. I do a nationwide search, but I only used 3 of the sites you listed here.
I'm pretty particular for what I want as it's a"want" and not a "need" to buy. I will have to check out these other sites as well.
Thanks again!

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Thanks man. I appreciate it. I do a nationwide search, but I only used 3 of the sites you listed here.
I'm pretty particular for what I want as it's a"want" and not a "need" to buy. I will have to check out these other sites as well.
Thanks again!
Most ebay listing have a report on the listing that lists the number of owners.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
BELOW 70k?!?!? For a 2018/2019 Shelby GT500?!?
I don't think so.
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-spy-photos-news
http://releasedatesautos.com/2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500/
http://mustangmanny.com/2018-gt500-specs-price/

All sources point to the car between 65-70k. The Hellcat starts at 62.5K Ford knows they have to compete with that, especially given the power ratings. The car will most likely be $69,999 retail.

And the 2013 was what, $65k new? I would literally laugh in someone's face if they asked me for mid to high 50's for a 4+ year old car that is readily available on the market. Would you like to know what they sell for at dealer auctions? I'll be happy to let you in on that number if you wish.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-spy-photos-news
http://releasedatesautos.com/2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500/
http://mustangmanny.com/2018-gt500-specs-price/
All sources point to the car between 65-70k. The Hellcat starts at 62.5K Ford knows they have to compete with that, especially given the power ratings. The car will most likely be $69,999 retail.
And the 2013 was what, $65k new? I would literally laugh in someone's face if they asked me for mid to high 50's for a 4+ year old car that is readily available on the market. Would you like to know what they sell for at dealer auctions? I'll be happy to let you in on that number if you wish.
I should have been more spefic, my fault. They need to be about 65-70K to be in competition of the Hellcats and ZL1, like you said.
It will be north of 70K because of ADM. I doubt many will be sold at MSRP. (I should have said ADM in my post.)

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
I should have been more spefic, my fault. They need to be about 65-70K to be in competition of the Hellcats and ZL1, like you said.
It will be north of 70K because of ADM. I doubt many will be sold at MSRP. (I should have said ADM in my post.)
I would imagine they'll do the same thing Chrysler did. If a dealer sells over MSRP then they will revoke order status to end of the line and not let them get anymore. This makes the car sell for list price, not one penny more. My brother in law runs a large Dodge dealer and said Chrysler has made that rule with an iron fist and will not be thwarted.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I would imagine they'll do the same thing Chrysler did. If a dealer sells over MSRP then they will revoke order status to end of the line and not let them get anymore. This makes the car sell for list price, not one penny more. My brother in law runs a large Dodge dealer and said Chrysler has made that rule with an iron fist and will not be thwarted.
Awesome!
I hope Ford makes that happen. They should make as many cars as they can sell too. Don't allocate a certain amount to so many dealerships. I want to/should be able to go into my local Ford dealership and be able to order one. Not sure if it is going to work that way though, unfortunately.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Awesome!
I hope Ford makes that happen. They should make as many cars as they can sell too. Don't allocate a certain amount to so many dealerships. I want to/should be able to go into my local Ford dealership and be able to order one. Not sure if it is going to work that way though, unfortunately.
We should all be so lucky. But I think Ford might do the same as Chrysler. They are trying to avoid having their cars for sale 4-5 years later with 2000 miles on them bogging down the market for the new models. Cars are made to be driven, and in my humble opinion buying that monster Shelby and leaving it in the stable is a crime. Unfortunately with a wife and kids a $60k car is simply not in my budget these days. Perhaps one day when they get sub $30k I'll get one, or trade one of my kidneys in for some poor sap in bad health!

NIL8U

Established Member
Well when new GT500 comes out I am sure it will be over sticker price. honestly as much as I'd love to purchase a new 500 at 65k+ that's just not in my budget.
I am currently close to owning a white 14GT500 4K miles at 51k.
I was about to pull trigger on ZSOMMER black GT500 with 3xx miles but I've owned black cars and they are a bitch to keep clean. They are out there but many with 3-4 owners and with low miles.

Bump though willing to spend 51-52k as long as its close to me and matches all my criteria please don't PM me with ridiculous prices 56,57,58k lol. Come on gents let's be realistic

Last edited:

fearthesnake

Established Member

Call me skeptical. I will be surprised if that happens. Look no further than the GT350. Still have one in my hometown with a $70K price tag on the showroom floor. I will be surprised if Ford says no ADM.

Users who are viewing this thread