WTB: Built Lightning, @ $20k

S. Jersey Stang

Established Member
Thinking about getting back into a built L.
For what its worth, was a pretty active member here for years, and ended up owning a well known 9 second L and then "The Fridge" for awhile. Would have loved to keep the 9 sec L, but had to sell for personal reasons. Considering a few options and we will see what happens i guess......a built lightning is one of those options.
What am I looking for: Fully built front to back truck. Similar to link below for an example, Not looking for mild bolt on trucks or anything close to stock. Will consider turbo trucks if there are any out there that fit the bill as well....
Clean title No major issues No projects Documented build aka receipts, shop verified, dyno or track numbers, etc

Price: $20k or less

Browsing pages last couple days, this gives a pretty solid idea of what i would be looking for:
m.ebay.com/itm/1000-Horsepower-Whippled-Ford-Lightning/332369123854?_mwBanner=1#vi__app-cvip-panel

Feel free to PM me with any leads.

Please include pics, details, and price. Just ask for email, or phone if texting is easier.
Thanks in advance.
Stan

Last edited:

GTIZZL

Established Member
That link takes you to the LightningRodder forum. No specific truck. Just a heads up.

Good luck with your search! I've been looking for a clean lightning for a while and should be picking one up next Thursday. I can't wait!

GTIZZL

Established Member
That truck is badass! I remember when it was for sale. Good luck man, I'll keep an eye out for you.

S. Jersey Stang

Established Member
Thank you , I spoke with him already, badass truck but straight up race truck...no heat, ac, wipers, etc...

Also. Found one and put deposit on it, so thank you for leads but should be good now!

S. Jersey Stang

Established Member
received_10155343765719599.jpeg
received_10155343765629599.jpeg
GTIZZL, if you are same name on LR you already saw the exterior and asked about the taillights.....but here is a preview....

Ruslow

Established Member
i got one that I would sell it pics on the facebook page of lightning. but it is more. IRS built motor full cage kennebell motor set back and down still street legal a/c works along with everything else. can email pics if really interested. Stan

S. Jersey Stang

Established Member
i got one that I would sell it pics on the facebook page of lightning. but it is more. IRS built motor full cage kennebell motor set back and down still street legal a/c works along with everything else. can email pics if really interested. Stan
Thanks Stan but already put a deposit on one. Know of you from my last round of lightnings, and know that the truck is definitely a beast. Good luck if you decide to sell.

S. Jersey Stang

Established Member
Buyer paying for it tomorrow unless something goes very sideways. Made an offer on it i couldn't really pass up at the moment.
If it doesn't officially sell for some reason I won't be upset to say the least....it's a badass truck.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Buyer paying for it tomorrow unless something goes very sideways. Made an offer on it i couldn't really pass up at the moment.
If it doesn't officially sell for some reason I won't be upset to say the least....it's a badass truck.

I wanna see more pics. How much power does it make?

S. Jersey Stang

Established Member
Made 620ish on street tune. Needed more fuel system to make any more safely. Made 7xx on race gas but only got to about 4lbs of boost I was told before it started going leaner than liked and aborted. All pics I have are too big....
Thanks

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Hope it went to a good home!
Been looking for another white one as well.

Users who are viewing this thread