WTB performance upgrades for 2011 gt500 svtpp

dabmajor

Established Member
I'm looking to purchase suspension, engine, pulley and intake upgrades for my 2011 gt500. Based on the parts I can source here, I'll be deciding the direction I plan to go with the build. I'm guessing someone on here will be upgrading to stage 3 or 4, this selling off their old stuff. :)
Currently my car is just a stock HP tuned car

Also looking for interior plastics. Someone rattle-canned the center console with red paint, I want to put this back to stock or install some true carbon fiber.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

dabmajor

Established Member
I have a metco 2.6 pulley I can let go for 100 + shipping and BMR LCA's 45 + the ride.
Nice! I definitely want both of these for my car.
Have they both been previously installed and do you have all of the parts they came with originally?

lwalden3

Established Member
I have a vmp gen2r, JLT intake, new Inovations West 15% lower with new belt, PST aluminum driveshaft, Super cobra jet oval throttle body, vmp plug n play boostapumps and 80# ford injectors. Basically everything to get you over 700rwhp for cheap. Also wheels and tires if interested. All off of 09 gt500.

dabmajor

Established Member
I have a vmp gen2r, JLT intake, new Inovations West 15% lower with new belt, PST aluminum driveshaft, Super cobra jet oval throttle body, vmp plug n play boostapumps and 80# ford injectors. Basically everything to get you over 700rwhp for cheap. Also wheels and tires if interested. All off of 09 gt500.
I'm not looking to take it this far(yet). However, I am curious if this drive shaft would fit on my car.

50stangpower

Established Member
I have a new OEM belt for your car.
20180524_193640.jpg

lwalden3

Established Member
I'm not looking to take it this far(yet). However, I am curious if this drive shaft would fit on my car.
No problem haha the driveshaft fits all 07 to 12 gt500s.. bought new for 800, asking 600 shipped. has around 3500 miles on it.

dpsemperfi

Established Member
Lund tune is a good place to start, the best performance I've found is a good set tires, I recommend Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, awesome traction, and a Watts link for your rearend, keeps the rear axle under the car , its night and day going through corners, traffic, gives you a lot more control. Investment in the rear suspension makes it handle so much better. I have a 2.5 pulley on my stock eaton and it runs about 12 psi of boost. A ford racing throttle body and bigger intake helps. Going up to the TVS or trinity supercharger would be the better route in my opionion. But for the short gain the eaton 1.8 is a easy 50 extra horse with a pulley, throttle body, air intake. My first set of tires were stock Goodyears and I had too much fun spinning and losing control of the car. Just my 2 cents. Goodluck upgrading!

Blue333

Established Member
I have an intake power pack if you're still looking. C&L cold air intake, VMP supercharger elbow, and a VMP 2.6 pulley. A can ship and I'll make you a good deal.

dabmajor

Established Member
Lund tune is a good place to start, the best performance I've found is a good set tires, I recommend Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires, awesome traction, and a Watts link for your rearend, keeps the rear axle under the car , its night and day going through corners, traffic, gives you a lot more control. Investment in the rear suspension makes it handle so much better. I have a 2.5 pulley on my stock eaton and it runs about 12 psi of boost. A ford racing throttle body and bigger intake helps. Going up to the TVS or trinity supercharger would be the better route in my opionion. But for the short gain the eaton 1.8 is a easy 50 extra horse with a pulley, throttle body, air intake. My first set of tires were stock Goodyears and I had too much fun spinning and losing control of the car. Just my 2 cents. Goodluck upgrading!
Sorry I'm just now seeing this message. I have a set of the tires you mentioned but they didn't do very good so I ended up putting 305/35R18 nt05r on the rear. I have night and day traction improvement :) Love it. Handling isn't quite the same on the drag radials but I kept my other tires for anything other than drag racing, just in case.

Since I am up at 5280ft I really just want enough power to get my car running like it would at sea level. I have roush axle back, ford racing resonator delete, AirRaid air filter and a custom tune. They said its putting about 506hp to the rear wheels but that is corrected HP I assume. I'm guessing uncorrected is more like 406... lol. I say this because I'm only pulling 108mph in the quarter up here (consistently).

If I did an upper pulley, plugs, TB, oil separators and a fresh tune do you think I could sneak an additional 50 or more HP at the wheels? If so, that is my plan for this winter, and the hunt for parts will begin. I'm okay with used but I prefer parts that are just as good as new.

If I can't get good gains with those upgrades, I may look at a different supercharger or something. But I'm not exactly rich lol :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread