WTB Shelby gt500 Camshaft

Ahmad

Hello guys..

Am looking for an aftermarket camshaft for my 2012 gt500 with Kennebell 3.6

Please if you have a low milage used cam or new with good price please contact me

PS international shipping required

Last edited:

Tighteyes

Established Member
That camshaft needs alot of motor work to be safe? Jdm cam has what i was told a .455 lift.

CV355

_
Established Member
OP, here's some info that might help- I'm really happy with the Lethal Performance cams I bought last year. The JDM cams are much more aggressive (and sound incredible, I might add), but I didn't want to have to change out springs and possibly do the tensioner pin upgrade. The Lethal-grind cams I bought are NSR, nice and lopey, and made a substantial power boost.

You know what you want better than I do, and I'm not trying to sway you in any direction, but I figured some of the content in the following thread might help regardless of the direction you go.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/nsr-cam-choices-best-option.1152073/

Ahmad

I've got a 5.4 built engine with je pistons and manely arms. 2000 arp bolts and kb supercharge 3.6.. jdm looks great with 100rwhp gain. NSR looks good also but Im confused now :\

CV355

_
Established Member
I've got a 5.4 built engine with je pistons and manely arms. 2000 arp bolts and kb supercharge 3.6.. jdm looks great with 100rwhp gain. NSR looks good also but Im confused now :\

NSR simply means "no springs required," so you get decent power gain, a nice sound, but it is less strain to the valvetrain. Several manufacturers sell "NSR" cams. Higher lift / more aggressive cams will require additional spring pressure to prevent valve float among other things. Many people, while doing a spring change, will also opt to perform other head upgrades, including preventative modifications. I didn't want to deal with the hassle so I went NSR.

What is your end goal for the car, and are you opposed to head work? You may even consider a custom grind- that 3.6kb means business.

Also, I see that you're in Kuwait. My old race car went out that way- built 5.4l, 91mm turbo, silver '00 GT. See anything like that out that way? :)

Ahmad

I already purchased a JDM super stock and i think it won't need a head job. My car is weekend car and I'm lookingto gain more rwhp than the sound so i went to jdm cam with springs and retainers.

About your old car yes it was famous a bit of time i remember the owner name was Abdulrahman and he like to drive trucks with heavy modified engine and supercharge\turbo kit :):)

Thanks anyway .. i hope JDM will do what i expect.

Users who are viewing this thread