ZL1 1LE Laguna seca

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I poked around in a couple places and I haven't seen it on here yet but I watched it on Motortrend on Demand last night, they reviewed the ZL1 1LE.

First of all, on the street, you can from the video it rides like it has no suspension but it looks incredible while it does it. When Al O said it wasn't designed for the street, he meant it. It's insanely aggressive.

They liked the car overall, which was expected. But they played music like the entire time which was kind of tacky.

It ran a 1:34.3 at LS with Pobst behind the wheel, blazing fast but I expected it to go quicker and I'm not entirely sure why.

scn

Established Member
At the end of the day, the ZL1 1LE is still a heavy car. LS is hell on brakes and a heavy car will be at a disadvantage here.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Very impressive!

New ZL1 1LE nipping at the heels of many world class cars...

IMG_9010.PNG

Meanwhile 350R not even in the same zipcode...

blk02edge

Established Member
Until your 5 laps are up...
can't even last 10 min in a 20 min race group, is that normal?
No.. that is not normal. These cars lap just fine in hot weather. Especially with a manual. I wouldn't have been surprised if it got into the high 1:33's though, I don't get what's not impressive about a low 1:34

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
No.. that is not normal. These cars lap just fine in hot weather. Especially with a manual. I wouldn't have been surprised if it got into the high 1:33's though, I don't get what's not impressive about a low 1:34

"At the Jacques Villeneuve–designed Area 27 in British Columbia, we ran 40-plus laps of the 3.0-mile circuit. It was the brakes—the iron-rotor units carry over from the regular ZL1 except for the ABS calibration—rather than spent tires that prevented us from turning more than five hot laps at a time; the pedal gets a little long on the fifth lap."

Car and Driver:

It is a fast lap no doubt! However fans were saying this is faster than the corvette all of them. Yet it matches the time of the c6z. And between the two I choose the c6z everyday.

blk02edge

Established Member
"At the Jacques Villeneuve–designed Area 27 in British Columbia, we ran 40-plus laps of the 3.0-mile circuit. It was the brakes—the iron-rotor units carry over from the regular ZL1 except for the ABS calibration—rather than spent tires that prevented us from turning more than five hot laps at a time; the pedal gets a little long on the fifth lap."

Car and Driver:

It is a fast lap no doubt! However fans were saying this is faster than the corvette all of them. Yet it matches the time of the c6z. And between the two I choose the c6z everyday.
Yea. Every factory car has that same outcome. Even had a Ferrari f12 cook CC brakes after a few laps here in the hot desert heat

blk02edge

Established Member
This Canadian heat can get as hot as Arizona heat, and area 27 is becoming a notorious brake killing track but w/e ZL1 Is a pos and gt350 is king lol

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Very impressive!

New ZL1 1LE nipping at the heels of many world class cars...

View attachment 96213

Meanwhile 350R not even in the same zipcode...

We've covered these results already. It's an impressive time for the ZL1 1LE, but still not the "several seconds faster around any track" faster than the GT350R that some claimed it would be. I think that is the grand point; 114 more HP, 221 ft-lbs more torque, solid mounted race suspension, crazy amount of aero grip, the chassis to end all chassis (to hear some tell it), and "just" 1.81 seconds quicker than the R around Laguna Seca.

I can't wait to see a same driver same day comparison.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I loved what ford did with the GT350 R running it 24hrs straight and never losing more than 3% on their best track time.

Let's see the details behind that claim. A full blown Le Mans GT race car can't even run within 3% of their best time every lap over the course of 24hrs. What makes you believe a street car could do it?

Was their best time really a best time. Or was it some time they could run consistently without pushing too hard? The devil's in the the details.

We've covered these results already. It's an impressive time for the ZL1 1LE, but still not the "several seconds faster around any track" faster than the GT350R that some claimed it would be. I think that is the grand point; 114 more HP, 221 ft-lbs more torque, solid mounted race suspension, crazy amount of aero grip, the chassis to end all chassis (to hear some tell it), and "just" 1.81 seconds quicker than the R around Laguna Seca.

I can't wait to see a same driver same day comparison.

Apply that same 1.81 sec to the Camaro and you can make the same argument. Any way you slice it, the car is in elite company.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member

Blown 89

Established Member
Certain parts of oliver BC can routinely get to 46-47C (115F) so sure not as hot as Arizona can get but it's still not a funny amount. The track happens to be in the hottest area too. That is seriously hot for any car. Not just "lol Canadian heat"
The highest temperature in B.C. was 112 WAY back in 1941 so no. That was in Lillooet, the average high in July is 82.9. The average temperature in Oliver B.C in the hottest month of the year is 85.6. You are full of shit.

Users who are viewing this thread