“13”-“14 Shelby Original Owners?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Completely agree regarding the TF Hood Vent, though they were costly PITAs to acquire.
View attachment 1719690

She still looks pretty good, almost nine years and 33K miles later.
View attachment 1719691
If I could get a second one, it would be yours. Simple & Effective. Looking good

After reading this, I need to get my "13 out today.
List of add ons in sig. I need new front tires, still running originals bad goodyears..... a little over 5K miles on tires and cars.
I would like to see a 13/14 beat the new SVT.
Is that possible?
Back to the tires, I was checking on some Continentals. I was shooting for a tire wear rating in the 300 range. Running Toyo 888s on the rear. One of the best tires I have purchased.

Like everyone else's, mine brings a smile every time I drive her. Everything we own (and have ever owned) has (and had) three-pedals, so Trixie and Norton Jr are both fully-qualified.

888's are the best tire for me. I've ran em on the back of my cars since 2012.
25-27psi plants 715rwtq nicely.
Not sure about your concern of wear rating, like me, your tires would probably dry rot before they need replacing based on your mileage. (That was a fun jab) My wife hits me with that all the time. I too, need to drive more

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, 8 years old and only 7K miles. You've got to get out there on the pavement and enjoy it more! LOL.
Mine just passed 8k this summer.
picked up June 2013.
Honestly it’s a 1000mi/yr car to me.
But yes whenever I drive it I say “damn I should drive this thing more” :)
Glad to see other original OG owners in here. But stock tires?….damn can’t imagine.
Any have or planning to buy the new GT500?
I can’t wait to put my order in soon.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately the weather was on/off and one of my friends couldn’t attend the track rental so we waited out the weather and still made the rental. Didn’t have the Dragy or GoPro but didn’t matter anyway as I was having some issues with the car down track. Still can’t understand why Ford wouldn’t have a simple boost gauge/sensor but I’m used to the car having 270-280s% ‘load’ but it doesn’t seem to be belt or clutch slip so I’m not sure yet but it’s only seeing 160-70s% ‘load’. Was only trapping mid/low 130s instead of mid 150s.
Going to pull the blower and check the bypass valve (feels like it’s dumping boost) and inspect everything. Then street test with a real boost gauge and if all good go to Mod Nats. If still issues I’ll just be a pit bitch again at Mod Nats, a huge bummer.
-J

Attachments

• 9467BEC6-B318-4151-B759-BC57FE036E1E.jpeg
    9467BEC6-B318-4151-B759-BC57FE036E1E.jpeg
    441.7 KB · Views: 50

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Any have or planning to buy the new GT500?
I can’t wait to put my order in soon.
Not even for a moment! Seeing the new GT500 and C8 is why I added a C7Z to my stable. I'm not a fan of the S550 chassis and, I don't care if the DCT is quicker, I hate the absence of a third pedal and replacement of the stick with a knob.

Not sure why you'd bother with a new one - you already drive one of the best and fastest Shelbys ever built.

Users who are viewing this thread