00/01 cobra

cobrkilrl

Established Member
sorry guys but I am usually on the Lightning forum. My question is, I have found what appears to be a 2000/2001 cobra vert on a used car lot. Went to look at it today but they were closed. I could see, however, that it has an after market exhaust and subframe connectors. The tires are worn front and back. 4 in tips. There is not a scratch on it and the top is in excellent condition. Not knowing what these sell for, I would like to know what you think the car would be worth and what I should look for when I see them on monday. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Juruense

Banned
Check the value here:
www.nada.com
www.kbb.com

Make sure the car has a convertible top boot, they cost $400 if they are missing.

Verts come stock with SFCs are you sure they are aftermarket?

BTW, there is no 2000 Cobra that was the year they made the R only. All hail teh R :bowdown:

Anyways, good luck and do not forget to ask your insurance agent for a cost estimate on the insurance for the car.

cobrkilrl

Established Member
thanks kilgore, did not know they didn't make a 2000 model. that's why i came to the experts. SFC's are progably stock then. Will ask about the boot. I have had the same insurance company since 1974, so they quoted me only about a 40-50 dollar increase over what I am paying know. thanks

Juruense

Banned
One last thing, when buying a used car always ALWAYS ask for a new set of tires. The worst they can say is no and dealers get tires cheap. Buying a set for a dealer is nothing like it is for you and I. Also, they cannot legally sell a car with inferior tires.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Kilgore Trout said:
One last thing, when buying a used car always ALWAYS ask for a new set of tires. The worst they can say is no and dealers get tires cheap. Buying a set for a dealer is nothing like it is for you and I. Also, they cannot legally sell a car with inferior tires.

or sell a car with tires that are worn out..

Users who are viewing this thread