00R Front Air Dam

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
It looks like a PITA

Mike,

Look Here http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29147

Q: What hardware should be used to attach the splitter? It comes with some fasteners, should they be used?
A: Here are the part numbers to order the rivets and the squeezer:
Call Jay-Cee Sales & Rivet at 1-800-521-6777

Squeezer: TP-888-2 Hand Rivet Squeezer with 2” yoke AND part number 200-4504 1/8” Tubular Set for rivet squeezer (this is the insert for the squeezer)

Rivets: part# T125F002500 Oval HD Semi-Tub “430” stainless steel rivets (1/8” X ¼” X 7/32”) [these come in packets of 100]

These are for attaching the DZUS fasteners onto the splitter. You should use the supplied rivets (pop rivets) for attaching the springs onto the bumper.

And Here http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206530&highlight=DZUS

I have been unable (and believe me I have tried everywhere!! ) to locate a supplier with only the long fasteners.

Your best bet is to purchase the entire set from a local SVT dealer. Cost is $50.00 or thereabouts. Make sure you tell them you want the DZUS fastener set for the 2000 R. The part number comes from the Ford Racing and/or SVT catalog. I usually get mine from Tommie Vaughn in Houston. It will come in a small white colored cardboard box with a Ford Racing logo on the label.

The problem is the longer ones used on the sides of our splitters were made specifically by DZUS for the 2000 R and it is not a common size typically used anywhere else. Hence, no one stocks that size except for Ford Racing. I tried ordering some directly from DZUS once and they told me I would have to order 1000 for them to even consider making a run.

You can call Tommie Vaughn directly if you cannot locate this in your area. Talk to Mike Horne and tell him Andy Menard referred you. Their number is 713-869-4755.

Users who are viewing this thread