00R Headers

flattrack53

Established Member
What style cat-back are you suggesting? I have the aftermarket bassani but that of course only has one muffler. I still want the car to be street worthy without the use of ear plugs.

Saleenrose

Established Member
I am not sure but my Gt500 has Bassani Race exhaust and it is to load, I put on cats to quite the noise, so I am also interested in a little less noise, I will only know once it is done. I would expect 2 3" mufflers, but I do like the sound of the 03 Cobra with the Bassani mufflers with the same design as the 00R but Dual???My exhaust is blue all the way back to the middle of the muffler. This has got to be a factor of restriction.

svtguy

Established Member
I think if I can get 2 more interested parties I will call Darrel and see what I have to do to get the ball in progress. Just as a warning I dont think these will be cheap, they will be stainless stepped long tubes for the Maximum Motorsports K member. I can tell you guys if you run the Bassani exhaust spipe and cat back at 410rwhp it will blow out some stuffing and I have had them hot enough to blow out a o2 sensor. I think the single muffler is being pushed to its limit at the rwhp. This is of course at track rpms and speeds. Might consider full exhaust.

I'd also be interested in headers for my 00R.

Paul.

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
I think if I can get 2 more interested parties I will call Darrel and see what I have to do to get the ball in progress. Just as a warning I dont think these will be cheap, they will be stainless stepped long tubes for the Maximum Motorsports K member. I can tell you guys if you run the Bassani exhaust spipe and cat back at 410rwhp it will blow out some stuffing and I have had them hot enough to blow out a o2 sensor. I think the single muffler is being pushed to its limit at the rwhp. This is of course at track rpms and speeds. Might consider full exhaust.

I have Kenny Brown K-member and I am not sure what is different. If they need picture I will provide them. My car is track only.
Gary.

Saleenrose

Established Member
I have Kenny Brown K-member and I am not sure what is different. If they need picture I will provide them. My car is track only.
Gary.

I would hope for the headers not to invade the Kmember so it can be universal to some extent, the main fight here is we have ZERO options at the present time. I have purchased several headers, nice fees, I should have just sent the car to Bassani years ago, all these headers do not fit even the heads let alone in the body. I allways bought headers I could use some where else, So my Gt500 now has headers, 03 Cobra now has headers, I still have 2 sets of unused headers that I still need to sell. My point is nothing even comes close,, so if you have a option to get some that fit the head and in the body all you have to do is make it fit the Kmember, simple. These things have got to be worth at least 30 rwhp.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I don't own an R but my buddy does and Ive reached out to a friend of mine who is gonna talk to ARH about building a set and a jig so he can make a few sets. I will follow up in here when I get the word.

Saleenrose

Established Member
Looks as if they used a Kenny Brown Kmember, I still could modify if needed, I just am about ready to change engine, shop has been busy with engine jobs so I have not been able to get my personal car in and do things, Time is ticking, new season is almost hear, I may have to install engine, dyno tune and worry about headers after. I still need to get rear gears changed, repair last years damages, and install roll cage, I have a friend who just bought a new GT3, you know what I have to do.

Saleenrose

Established Member
cnVwgOg.jpg

Last edited:

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
Header design will be dependent on k-member on vehicle.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Bruce,
Do you remember if that is a picture of the Kenny Brown K-member? I believe the 4th picture is a 00R also.
I am working on my car this weekend and will try to verify that is the same k-member.

Gary.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce,
Do you remember if that is a picture of the Kenny Brown K-member? I believe the 4th picture is a 00R also.
I am working on my car this weekend and will try to verify that is the same k-member.

Gary.

Gary:

I can't tell you for sure. Unless it was repainted, that is not the color KB paints their k-members.

Users who are viewing this thread