00R Headers

svtguy

Established Member
Yeah, I sent Tim Brown a PM since those guys where the ones that made him headers.

Info that Tim Brown posted about his 00R:

Suspension is mostly fabricated by Specialty Engineering including all the control arms , sway bars and rear toe links .

All the control arms use sperical bearings or rod ends and the rear subframe is modified to a solid mount and the geometry has been changed . The front subframe is a modified KB piece. Custom 1 3/4 " headers.

Paul.

Last edited:

TimB

Established Member
The headers on my R were actually done by Neil in New Zealand , they built a set for their R and made a second set for my R , they were individual tubes , Specialty welded up the flanges and tubes . The k-member is from Kenny Brown .

flattrack53

Established Member
I am committed to the longtubes. It would be nice to find a business that actually responds to emails.

Bill Anderson

Established Member
Last edited:

flattrack53

Established Member
Bill, when I click those links...
"This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Return home"

Saleenrose

Established Member
I have all the stuff here to build my own headers, I have not ever done this so I guess I can try. Once I drop the engine and K member I will see how it works. I like the Browns exhaust, how it goes out the back, I have a hard time getting the car in the trailer, side exhaust goes so low to clear and the car is set up with much lower stance.

Frans96ss

Established Member
I just spoke to ARH. For the first car it will be around 2k to custom make the headers and X-pipe (installed obviously) I believe that is going to flattrack53. After nick makes the jigs etc to make a production run it will be in between 16-1800 for the header/x-pipe combo. Wont know 100% on the size yet but nick said 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 seems like the best idea with out seeing the car. We need to get 5 locked in for him to make a Jig.

For those serious Please Email me at [email protected] and if i get 5 deposits I will get it rolling.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I just spoke to ARH. For the first car it will be around 2k to custom make the headers and X-pipe (installed obviously) I believe that is going to flattrack53. After nick makes the jigs etc to make a production run it will be in between 16-1800 for the header/x-pipe combo. Wont know 100% on the size yet but nick said 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 seems like the best idea with out seeing the car. We need to get 5 locked in for him to make a Jig.

For those serious Please Email me at [email protected] and if i get 5 deposits I will get it rolling.

What k-member are these being fabricated for?

Saleenrose

Established Member
Stainless, 3" x-pipe According to engine builders to get the HP up with 7000 rpms it need to be
1 7/8 to 2"

Frans96ss

Established Member
Ok so im hearing people WANT to change the k-member in the car. Reason I stated stock K-member is bc ARH generally Prefers that so it ranges to people not wanting to change the K-member... If most people are i can put a package together that includes the headers and k-member.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I would think that the majority of people looking at doing a mod such as this are not going to want it done to fit an OEM k-member.

My .02 cents.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Saleenrose

Established Member
I am in , these heads use the Ford GT header flange, the 03-04 cobra, Shelby GT500 header flanges do not fit the exhaust port correctly. The header flanges I ended up with after buying several headers have a 2" Oval port. I also think maximize the space with a Maximum motorsports Kmember.

flattrack53

Established Member
That is a good call. I think it would of been a huge pain in the ass to do the headers yourself. That wait you don't have to deal with frame rails, steering shaft and drive line angles. It would of been incredibly tough to duplicate that on a bench

Saleenrose

Established Member
What kind of a time frame could we be talking about? I either need to change the engine and reinstall stock exhaust or wait. Just want to meet the new GT3 with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread