'00R oem tire question

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I know that the '00R originally came equipped with BFG KD with a treadwear rating of 100.... my question is: Did the treadwear rating on the sidewall state 100 or 200 or anything at all???

The reason I am asking is due to the fact that I had bought a set of the correct BFG KD tires for my '00R since the set currently on the car are getting thin. I was digging the new set out of storage so that I could get them installed. I was looking at the sticker/label that is placed on the tire by BFG and it states the treadwear rating as 100, SO I kinda got excited for a second thinking I had lucked out and got a set of OEM tires... then I found the treadwear rating on sidewall and it states 200. I began to wonder if the original delivered tires were marked 200 as a sort of "cheater tire".... both the '00R I have owned already had the tires replaced by the time I got them so I have nothing to reference.

Thanks in advance for any help.

HwyKng

Street Beast...
Established Member
I dont think you should worry about things like this. Just give me your R and dont worry about treadwear..

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I dont think you should worry about things like this. Just give me your R and dont worry about treadwear..

Haha... you would not want my '00R. Its all hacked up with a bunch of mods.

I am not really worried about it... curiousity more than anything. Although if the tires were correct 100 wear rating KDs that have not been available for a long time, then they would be valuable to someone with a virgin '00R.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Haha... you would not want my '00R. Its all hacked up with a bunch of mods.

I am not really worried about it... curiousity more than anything. Although if the tires were correct 100 wear rating KDs that have not been available for a long time, then they would be valuable to someone with a virgin '00R.

Most people with a virgin R have perfect tires.

Yes the original tires stated 100 treadwear.

I'm hoping a good set will be worth about $5k in a few years! ;-):poke:

Mike H

I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
IIRC my spare set has 200 on the sidewalls but the stickers on the right side tires reads 100. Just an old sticker over-stock issue? And as Bruce stated OEM's were 100.

racer91m

Established Member
I have a BRAND NEW set of ORIGINAL OEM 2000 R tires for sale. DOT codes are 07-00 on two tires and 10-00 other two.

$1,000 for the set.

Bruce, if you hold on to these for a few years, that would be a 500% profit...

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
If anyone needs a set of NOS BFG 265/40ZR18 KD's, I have two sets for sale, one set of original 100 tread wear and a set replacement 200 tread wear. All have their new stickers on their treads. It appears that KD's in this size have been discontinued on Tire Rack? I also have a pair of 295/35ZR18 KD's, used 90% tread left.

Picture1645-1.gif

The 100's............

Picture1647.gif

The 200's............

Picture1646-1.gif

Thanks, Robert

Users who are viewing this thread