01 Bullitt Termi swapped

bullitt4593

Established Member
2001 Bullitt Mustang #4593

Roughly 35k on car, 25k miles on Engine & Transmission

Car was in a flood while down south in Camp Lejeune. Had just put a Vortech supercharger on the original 2 valve motor and was at the tune shop on the dyno when a tropical storm came through. Car took on water mid way up the doors and dash. The insurance totaled it out and I bought it back. Since then it has been completely taken apart and put back together with all Cobra wiring and drive train from a 2004 SVT Cobra. If you know your Mustangs you’d know the Bullitt was mostly an appearance package for this car but it did come with 2001 Cobra Brakes and Suspension which includes Tokico Struts and Shocks, Sub Frame connectors, 13” Brembo front rotors and 11.5” rear rotors, dual piston painted red brake calipers, rear spoiler DELETE, Fog light DELETE, brushed aluminum fuel door, all black grille, molded front mud flaps in the rockers, smooth side scoops rather than honeycomb, differently curved C pillars, Bullitt trim on door sills, Retro looking leather seats, etc,etc,etc. This car is 1 of 1,818 BLACK 2001 Bullitts and 1 of 5,582 Bullitts ever made.

Engine:
2004 Cobra motor 390HP/390lb-ft in stock form
T56 6 speed transmission
Aftermarket clutch; SPEC?
POSI ported Eaton supercharger and port matched throttle body and plenum
BilletFlow 2.76” upper pulley
Metco 2# lower pulley kit
Metco 100MM idler pulley
MGW orange handle shifter
60lb injectors
SCT Big Air 2600cfm Mass Air
K&N cold air intake
Kenne Bell Boost A Pump
AFCO pro series Dual Pass Heat Exchanger
NGK TR6 iridium spark plugs if I remember right
Ford Racing chrome coil covers

Exhaust:
MAC long tube ceramic coated headers
BBK off road X pipe
MAC 2.5” catback exhaust
MIL eliminators

MISC info:
A/C removed
Has the stock solid rear axle which holds up better than the 04 Cobra rear axle (IRS)
3:90 Motive Gears in rear
Ford Racing Rear End Girdle
SLP Line Lock
H&R Super Sport springs all the way around; lowered car about 1.6” Front and 1.75” rear over the stock stance.
1” studded wheel spacers on all 4 wheels.
Caster Camber plates
Has the aluminum drive shaft from a Cobra and a 5/8” drive shaft spacer from UPR to make the drive shaft mate right with the solid rear end and 6 speed.
Aftermarket A Pillar gauge pod
Auto Meter boost gauge
Intercooler water temp gauge
Shorty antenna
Aftermarket hood

Trunk mounted intercooler tank made by Chiseled Performance with at least 5 gallon capacity, pumped up front by an electrical Meziere external water pump

I’ve never had the chance to get the car dyno tuned, but with the mods I’ve done to it and based off what I’ve seen other Cobras put down with similar mods this car should dyno out somewhere around 480-515RWHP. My goal was to hit 500RWHP and I believe with a good tune it could be achieved and probably surpassed.

What it needs:

The check engine light has been coming on for an 02 sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) passenger front: about $50 at Advance Auto

The battery, although newer, drains down after about a week or so if the car sits, there is a draw somewhere in the electrical that I would fix if I were to keep the car, just haven’t had time to work on the car in a while. Could just keep a maintainer on it or like I do disconnect the battery when I’m not going to start the car for a while.

This car is not for a high school kid and I wouldn’t make it my daily driver. It is SCARY FAST! It gets A LOT of attention every time I take it out. I’ve got a long history with the car, I’m the second owner and bought it from a family friend. I’d rather not sell it, it’s got sentimental value but I could use the money elsewhere. I know it is not flawless, I never intended it to be a show car; it was meant to go fast and disappoint the occasional Camaro/Firebird or Corvette. No joy rides or tire kickers. Car is located in Geneva, NY....right in between Rochester and Syracuse about an hour to get to each of those cities.

$14,500 OBO

315-577-2174 Adam

Pics to follow

Last edited:

bullitt4593

Established Member
sorry guys, i tried to edit my post and put up some pics but it says i dont have permissions? how do i do it?:shrug:

bullitt4593

Established Member
pics

still no idea on how to post pics? if you guys PM me your email address i'll round up some pics of the car and send them to you that way after work if you're interested. thanks!

bullitt4593

Established Member
trying to post pics

31955422717805898511108.jpg

By bullitt4593 at 2012-06-26

that should hopefully be a link to the site where ive got pics of the car and the build, I HOPE

bullitt4593

Established Member
there we go!!!

if you click on "bullitt4593" in the previous post it takes you to imageshack where ive posted some pics, they're all a couple of months old but you get the idea. the car now has a stock Bullitt front bumper on it and the cowl induction hood that is pictured. if i get a chance this week i will wash her up and take a few more pics and some of the interior and post those too. it does have all the wiring from an 04 Cobra including the dash cluster. sorry for the delay with the pics, ive never had such a problem loading pics but ive always just put them up as attachments but i guess you cant do that here.

bullitt4593

Established Member
Title

and i've got the clean clear NY title in hand, im sure the carfax will most likely show an incident on it (i've never checked it) but i've got the NY title at home and its clear and lien free. i just washed, vacuumed, and shined the car all up. looks like a million bucks.

bullitt4593

Established Member
bump!

any real interest? the car is an 04 Cobra with a few really nice mods, wrapped in Bullitt trim. in my opinion the best of both worlds. looks ****in awesome, and a total sleeper, would not hesitate to blow the doors off almost anything that pulls up next to me in my area...:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread