01 Bullitt Termi swapped

draggingto

Established Member
Car looks really good, not trying to bust your balls at all. But you say the car was in a flood, totaled out by the insurance company bought back from the insurance company but yet still has a clean title some how?

bullitt4593

Established Member
title

As far as i can tell it DOES have a clean title. the car was registered in New York at the time of the flood... but it was in North Carolina when it happened. The car was bought and paid for when this happened, no liens, nothing through the bank. I contacted the insurance company and they told me it was deemed "totalled" which crushed me, and they said if i wanted to i could buy it back, so i did. at the time i had just installed a Vortech V3 SI supercharger kit on the original motor and had ZERO Miles on it, it was their for the original dyno tune after the install to see what she would run like... it put down a little over 360RWHP with that setup and then the rain came, she never even got to see the road afterwards. I've actually got a picture of it sitting on the dyno roller with a fan in front of it and about a foot of water on the ground, makes me sick....since then i've replaced almost everything on the car, you'd never know it was ever in a flood. I have the title that I've always had since i bought it, they never sent me a salvage or rebuilt title in the mail and i never heard anymore about it. I'm not sure the insurance ever reported it to the DMV, maybe because it was out of state? This car was one of 70 other turbo'd / supercharged cars at a dyno shop that all got totalled at the same time :( i counted 4 other mustangs including a silver Terminator and a Roush....The only thing i can think of would be to go to the DMV and pay the fee and say i lost the title and get a new one mailed to me ( just to see what it will say) But its been on the road with plates and insurance on it the entire time, i just took it off the road in May due to financial reasons or i'd still be driving it today. Like i said, It's not a trailer queen, it's not perfect, it is what it is and I've tried to be as honest as i could about the whole car and its past. I'd like it to go to another Ford guy who will appreciate it as much as i have. Its a hell of a car, its fast, its sleek, its loud and the chicks dig it... if you've got any more questions feel free to ask em, ill do my best to answer them, thanks

Monster Mach

Established Member
if anyone wants someone to check this car out let me know we can work something out im not too far away from this and i would love to see this thing in action

1loudmouthpony

Established Member
if you can make sure and prove that the title is clean and clear via talking to the dmv or who ever else.. i will be very interested. I understand that you have it registered and insured.

things can happen. i have a 03 gt centential edition with 19,xxx miles and the car fax stated that it had 85,000 (mistake by the dealer that changed the oil. I got that fixed right away and is accurate.

bullitt4593

Established Member
i'll see what i can find out, maybe a carfax will state what the title is? never ran one. been working 14 hour days so it might be a few days but i'll see what i can find out and post the results here, in the mean time BUMP!

bullitt4593

Established Member
Ran the Carfax....turns out the car DOES have a SALVAGE TITLE

It states there are 3 owners, however, I am the 2nd and 3rd owner, between titling it in NC, and again in NY, it says 3, really only myself and the previous owner (family friend)

last known mileage is 33k,XXX which is about right for the body, then I did the motor/tranny swap ( i turn my own wrenches)

for those of you who are not scared off by that, the car is still for sale! there is some interest locally but not sure what will become of it. If i still have the car by August 4th weekend it will be at the local Mustang Rally of the Finger Lakes in Phelps, NY and for sale. thanks guys

joshwfl

Established Member
I ran it, came back with a clear title and a score of 85 and also carries the autocheck buyback guarantee!

ac.jpg

Last edited:

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Car looks really good, not trying to bust your balls at all. But you say the car was in a flood, totaled out by the insurance company bought back from the insurance company but yet still has a clean title some how?

That is not abnormal. I had an Audi in an accident (rear end hit). The insurance company totaled it. Really didn't see why because it was minor. I took the car back after getting the money from the insurance and the car still had a clear title when I sold it to my neighbor. So it happens.

RealDirty

Established Member
Autocheck is alot less accurate than carfax.. Call the dmv and get a final word on title. Ill be interested either way. But most likly its salvaged

Users who are viewing this thread