01 bullitt vs gtr

wicked96gt

Established Member
Just got back from racing a friends buddy in his gtr. He didn't say all his mods bit he was running 15# at the time. We ran twice from 40-130. He pulled about 3 cars on me each time. I was very surprised with how I held up. If I ever get to build my trans and up the boost we are going to run again. He's going to run either 20# or if he can get some e85 he's gonna run 25#. But that's in the future.

Mach Boy

Established Member
Yes myself and the gtr owner were both very surprised. He said he makes about 600hp on 15#.

You're quite a bit lighter than he is. Those things are deceivingly bigger than they look in pictures. And it's not like he is a bad driver because those cars are dummy proof for bad drivers.

03 deadpool

Established Member
Good death every now and then you gotta throw yourself on a grenade , but just come back bigger and badder next time.

wicked96gt

Established Member
You're quite a bit lighter than he is. Those things are deceivingly bigger than they look in pictures. And it's not like he is a bad driver because those cars are dummy proof for bad drivers.

Yes I am atleast 550lbs lighter than him. And it was an auto so he just stepped on it and went.

Good death every now and then you gotta throw yourself on a grenade , but just come back bigger and badder next time.

Yes I went into it knowing I would lose. Just wanted to see how id hold up. And I was impressed with my car. Time to start saving for more mod money!!

03 deadpool

Established Member
One of my friends has a 1000 hp supra another has a 700 horsepower gt500 i know one day we will race and i will get killed but... i would rather die a honerable death than not die trying.

TheHitman™

Established Member
Yes myself and the gtr owner were both very surprised. He said he makes about 600hp on 15#.

Does your friend have stock turbos or upgraded turbos? Making 600whp on upgraded turbos and pushing 25# makes sense. Stock turbos max out at around 22psi and make 600whp at that level.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
DHG Bullitt is probaly my favorite 99-04 car. Really one of my favorite mustangs period, 6 months after I bought my car the same dealer got a 01 DHG with 31k original miles for 9k. I would have certainly went that route, still wanted to go up there with the funds, wife said no. :(

wicked96gt

Established Member
DHG Bullitt is probaly my favorite 99-04 car. Really one of my favorite mustangs period, 6 months after I bought my car the same dealer got a 01 DHG with 31k original miles for 9k. I would have certainly went that route, still wanted to go up there with the funds, wife said no. :(

I love my bullitt! I have thought about selling it a time or two. Just will never get the money back out of it.

TheHitman™

Established Member
He's got stock turbos.

25psi is way too much for the turbos and stock engine. He would already be pushing his luck at 22psi depending on how the torque comes in. Stock turbo GT-Rs don't make 600whp at 15psi on any dyno, unless he is talking flywheel numbers.

wicked96gt

Established Member
25psi is way too much for the turbos and stock engine. He would already be pushing his luck at 22psi depending on how the torque comes in. Stock turbo GT-Rs don't make 600whp at 15psi on any dyno, unless he is talking flywheel numbers.

What do you think he was making? He may have been talkin flywheel numbers. He said he runs 25psi on e85. What would a stock turbo gtr make on 15 and 20psi.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Regardless of what he's making if it's bolt-ons and you did that well thats great. You've already got the motor, just a pulley swap and tune away from beating him.

blkvenm97

Established Member
very nice death op you did awesome! love your bullit...i like those and the machs quite a bit but it's hard to beat the termi...love all 3 as far as 99-04 cars

wicked96gt

Established Member
Regardless of what he's making if it's bolt-ons and you did that well thats great. You've already got the motor, just a pulley swap and tune away from beating him.

Yea I was happy. Yes I need a built trans so I can upgrade my fuel system and pulley down! Then it will be round 2!

very nice death op you did awesome! love your bullit...i like those and the machs quite a bit but it's hard to beat the termi...love all 3 as far as 99-04 cars
Thanks. Yes I love the machs and cobras but wanted to rep the 2v lol

Users who are viewing this thread