01 Cobra Block(Teksid)

JorgeM

Established Member
just tought i say from excitment that i found out my 01 cobra has a teksid block:rockon::banana::beer::dancenana:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Its nothing to get excited about since the WAP block will hold any amount of power you're gonna throw at it. As for the power handling, depending on the tune its limits are in the 450-500rwhp range, the same as the WAP blocks with stock internals.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Its nothing to get excited about since the WAP block will hold any amount of power you're gonna throw at it. As for the power handling, depending on the tune its limits are in the 450-500rwhp range, the same as the WAP blocks with stock internals.

The WAP block is at the bottom of the mod motor heap and for one to fail is not uncommon.

OP, upgraded rods and pistons is a good start (Manley H beams and pistons are a good choice). Add ARP studs to you list for the caps and heads. Make sure you have the line bore checked as AL blocks are prone to warping.

SlowSVT

Established Member
I haven't seen one wap block fail at a power level below 700.

Your not looking hard enough.

A 700 hp WAP block is on borrowed time. There are a lot better choices than a WAP block just ask the people who had an Aluminator :nonono: The Teksid is a much better foundation for the engine :rockon:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The aluminator block is a wap but its better/stronger than a teksid. Btw, mihovetz uses that block and it holds up to 2500hp without any block fill...pretty dn strong I'd say.

The pre-2005 wap block will hold up to 700rw and at 550 its absolutely safe.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The aluminator block is a wap but its better/stronger than a teksid. Btw, mihovetz uses that block and it holds up to 2500hp without any block fill...pretty dn strong I'd say.

The pre-2005 wap block will hold up to 700rw and at 550 its absolutely safe.

You should never equate what Mihovetz does to what we are doing. That 2500hp engine will have the life expectancy of a fruit fly.........and he was doing that with a full waterjacket :eek: For a street car its best to think along the lines of an endurance engine. This is the first time I have ever heard someone proclaim the WAP was a better block than the Teksid that is news to me.

The Aluminator was a WAP block with lipstick on it. Ford touted it as a technological wonder outlining a myriad of features while all they were doing describing its engineering detail whoa lay! They didn't hold-up very well under boost. Does anyone even buy that engine anymore?

As you stated he will be fine up to 450 regardless of what block he runs. Lots of guys running around with turbo Teksids but I would rather run a Romeo or Boss 5.0 with any serious form of FI in a street car.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
lol at the WAP hate...people that destroy the block either have a terrible tune or don't know how to build a motor...

The almighty Iron 03/04 block goes all the time due to the same issues. And the Teksid in my brothers 97 blew with fewer miles and less power than my WAP block that see's 10x the abuse that motor ever did.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
AED ran a WAP block in their 3.4L Whipple with literally thousands of miles and hundreds of track passes with 27psi and a auto, running 9's..

They are pretty darn strong.. Stronger than a Teksid?? Who really know lol.. Failures happen and it might not be due to the block...

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The Aluminator was a WAP block with lipstick on it. Ford touted it as a technological wonder outlining a myriad of features while all they were doing describing its engineering detail whoa lay! They didn't hold-up very well under boost. Does anyone even buy that engine anymore?

Where are they not holding up well under boost?

The Nemak-cast Aluminator block is a damn nice block (the same 3V block that was in the '05-10 GT). My friend at Ford would say these blocks can't be destroyed, although there are always guys out there that seem to find a way to wreck engines.

Here's the FRPP blurb on the block from a while back:

MustangGTAluminatorblock.jpg

Alexlopez

Established Member
So if I decided to throw the KB 2.1L on my car with forged Internals, my WAP is good to go. I was just thinking about picking up a teksid block too hmmm

Svt Fox

Established Member
Ugh... People that regurgitate information that was heard, not experienced, that share as if it were, are cancer to legitimate information and first hand experience.

In other words OP, a WAP block is just fine, even if you had it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread