01 Cobra Convertible $7,500

01LaserCobra

Established Member
NO LONGER FOR SALE

2001 Laser Red 165,650 miles #2958

Car has NOT been babied, it’s been driven cross country multiple times, sat and idled in bumper to bumper traffic for hours, drag raced on prepped and non prepped surfaces, launched at 3,100 RPM on prepped and non prepped surfaces, street raced, roll raced, drifted, power shifted, wheel hopped, bounced off the rev limiter and has been taken to 7,200 RPM more than I can count. But it’s been a damn good car. With that, let’s get to the goods**

Custom grind cams, specd for me by Todd Warren
Cloyes camshaft gears
Hydrologic Lash Adjusters were replaced with new Ford OEM
JLT ram air CAI
90MM LIGHTNING MAF (Ford OEM)
BBK caster camber plates
Maximum Motorsports Solid Motor mounts
Mac 1 5/8” longtube headers
Mac off-road x pipe
Flowmaster 44 series catback
93 octane tune. Was Dyno tuned by BA Motorsport out of Loveland Ohio. (I’d recommend a new tune) Runs rich on Bank 1. But car still runs very well. Will come with SCT X4 handheld tuner.
Tuner has 93 Octane tune and a 101 Race fuel tune preloaded by previously named tuner.
I’ve never ran the Race fuel tune so I can’t comment on it.
Has a fresh built TR-3650 Transmission
(Astro Performance)
MGW Shifter and custom Cobra knob.
SPEC stage 1 clutch (close to needing replaced)
Steeda Quadrant and firewall adjuster.
Has 3.73 Ford Gears
Eibach Pro-kit 1.5” lowering springs with no front isolators.
SVE Series 3 wheels. 18x9/10 With Sumitomo HTRZ ll tires. Fronts are good, rears are bald.
IRS and components are original.
Left rear hub and bearing was replaced last summer. (Ford OEM)
New front ball joints (MOOG)
Right front hub was replaced this fall. (MOOG)
Raptor shift light Green in color
MagicDrift front chin spoiler
All electronics work.
Has 03 Cobra front bumper, I wired in 03-04 Cobra fog light pigtail harness connectors. Has yellow halogen fog lightbulbs.
Has Infinity component speakers all around
Ran by a cheap amp in the trunk. All original Mach460 components are still in place but I’m unsure if any of it works.
Wires are still ran for sub and amp in trunk.
Overall, car runs very strong and is a blast to drive fast. Cams are specd for mid range torque and top end horsepower. With that said, it is Naturally Aspirated so don’t expect Terminator power. Made 351 RWHP 339 torque.

Clear title

I am 3rd owner, I bought the car in San Diego California In 2013, brought it to the Mid West in 2015. Car was stock except for cut springs. All items listed above was either installed by me or BA Motorsport. Car is absolutely rust free.

The Bad**

Car ran like shit while on defrost or running AC so compressor has been disconnected. Want it on? Fill the system and plug the compressor back in.

Has oil leak coming from lower front cover area. Haven’t tore it down to find source of leak.

Power steering pump leaks, appears to be leaking from High pressure line where it bolts into the pump.

Coolant and oil leaking from oil cooler area Needs oil cooler gasket.

Top has a small tear in it, and rear window is coming unglued from the fabric.

Interior 3/10. Driver seat is the worst. Carpet is stained, blah blah.

Hood is fading, totally a different color from rest of car. Rear bumper is also fading and loosing clear coat. Was hit in the left corner of the rear bumper. Damaged paint but not the bumper. Paint is chipping off of front bumper.

Any other questions you might have I’ll be more than happy to answer them for you.

I also have some stock parts left that will come with the car. Stock cams, stock MAF
Spare driveshaft.
[email protected]
I have loads of pics, vids and sound clips of the car.

Attachments

• IMG_7919.JPG
    IMG_7919.JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_7918.JPG
    IMG_7918.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_7925.JPG
    IMG_7925.JPG
    288.2 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_7920.JPG
    IMG_7920.JPG
    292.6 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_7926.JPG
    IMG_7926.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_7927.JPG
    IMG_7927.JPG
    254 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_7921.JPG
    IMG_7921.JPG
    337.8 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_7922.JPG
    IMG_7922.JPG
    384.4 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_7915.JPG
    IMG_7915.JPG
    704.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_7946.JPG
    IMG_7946.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:

01LaserCobra

Established Member
Edit: I’m located in Nebraska. Car is Titled and plated in Ohio. I haven’t had the car inspected here yet. Ohio registration is still good until March.

01LaserCobra

Established Member
***Update*** Car will only be available for 5 more days at $6700. If it doesn’t sell within those 5 days I’ll be taking it off the market and fixing all the Bad** (this includes pulling motor to fix all the leaks, installing a new PS pump, water pump, new tires, clutch, replacing the top and redoing the interior.) listed above, and the price will go up!

Users who are viewing this thread