01 Cobra guys in here!

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
Local guy want's my eaton for his 01, now here's my question, I realize that your cars are not forged like the 03/04's but he could run 10lbs on that block with supporting mods and make 400rwhp safely right. I see guys with procharged 01 cobra's making 450 on the stocker, hell you got GT guys making close to that on thier stockers. This is feasible right?

Second question..the eaton would be a direct bolt on right..he just takes the cobra intake off and bolts the eaton on correct (with supporting mods)? I'm not sure at all.

Last question..my stock headers (manifolds), will they perform better than his stockers? And would my Dr. gas x pipe work with his car as far as bolting directly up (when it was on my car it was with my stock manifolds)?

Last edited:

blk2000stang

Established Member
There's a lot more involved than just bolting it on. Entirely different set of brackets, intercooler, heat exchanger, injectors, fuel pump, etc.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I swear it never ends....currently there are atleast 3 threads on this currently in view

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
hmmm..well it would be his problem, I told him I had no idea, but hey..I'll let the guy know. He's thinking of buying a 03 block.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
without you swapping a lot of parts with him (say if you were going turbocharged) then he has a LOT of parts to buy. many of which are parts only available through ford and that means $$$.

To answer your question though, with proper fuel management and tuning yes the block will support the blower. Even on teh stock 8 lb pulley he'd make more than 400rwhp

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
sounds like this guy has no clue..and should look into other routes. He's probably like most of them trying to do this and trying to save a bunch of money trying to go this route...and ends up just the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread