01 Cobra intake vs. Mach 1

Saleen_1977

Established Member
How much difference is there between these 2 intakes if any? I'm doing a head swap with stage 3 comp cams and with the increase in redline can a 01 Cobra intake handle the higher breathing? I have a 01 Cobra intake so I would need to port it?

Saleen_1977

Established Member
The point of the question is will a stock 01 Cobra intake limit me on what the cams, heads, and stroker kit can fully perform?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
The lower intakes are virtually identical between the 01 Cobra and 03/04 Mach 1. The only ones you have to stay away from are the 99 Cobra lowers.

There are only subtle difference between the Cobra and Mach upper plenums. The differences are negligible. They will not limit you in any way.

Saleen_1977

Established Member
The lower intakes are virtually identical between the 01 Cobra and 03/04 Mach 1. The only ones you have to stay away from are the 99 Cobra lowers.

There are only subtle difference between the Cobra and Mach upper plenums. The differences are negligible. They will not limit you in any way.

thanks, so it would be a waste of $$ if I port the 01 cobra intake?

98-svt-stang

Established Member
From what I have heard the mach 1 intakes are a little better due to the castings being smoother. But when ported they are equal.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

railroad

Established Member
Some of the 99 Cobra intakes got extrude honed and some got acid dipped I think. Ford got tired of paying for the extrude hone and changed their approach for the low hp fix on them. I got the extrude hone and it is slick. Of course adding the KB supercharger put the intake in storage.

Users who are viewing this thread