01 cobra, need help asap

In2myCobra

Established Member
Im almost done with my 01 cobra build. I'm 95% done. I thought I had everything put together untill I noticed a loss wire (plug) behind the passanger side head. It hangs down right beside the HVAC heater hose. I've literally checked every where around for a plug in, with no luck. Is this a sensor of some sort? This is my last hope!
Any help is greatly apprecited!

Connecting Wire
20llq8o.jpg

Hangs Down by HVAC, but there is no connector! What sensor is this?
LhHZA4o.jpg

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
Its mate should be bolted to the back of the head, with about an inch of free wire hanging before the connection. A single 10mm bolt holds it to the head. I can't remember what it's for.

In2myCobra

Established Member
The motor was already pulled and put back in. I'm just connecting the wires up. But seem to have miss placed the connector/plug. Any one know wgere I could buy the plug/connector?

In2myCobra

Established Member
Could it be a knock sensor? This is an identical plug on the opposite side of the block to (under driver side head). if it is a knock sensor, is a necessary?

Charged99

Established Member
I did the exact same thing when I put my motor in. Yeah they are rf signal things for the coils. Prevents the coils from interfering with the radio? I would assume that you would need to buy them from ford.

In2myCobra

Established Member
One last thing, do you need them if you don't listen to the radio? Or you just use your AUX cable? Thanks Everyone! (I'm a noodie)

In2myCobra

Established Member
Sence I never listen to the radio, and just bought SLP loudmouths with a BBK catted x. I think ill be good without a radio :D thanks for all you're help fellas!

Users who are viewing this thread