01 cobra or 04 mach 1

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
Go Mach! Mod for mod the Mach will always be faster.

your an idiot:bash:

they are almost the same platform.

only thing major is the rear:read:

for 3g's left over you could buy a FULLY BUILT solid with 4.30's. and already be off to a better start.

but either way a 4v is a 4v:banana:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Cams, heads, compression, a casting revision to the intake...the 99/01s are definitely no slouches though. Hell, they have the better intake cams.

Last edited:

Stalker27

Established Member
Question is, Which one is faster in the 1320?

If you ask me they will probably be know more than maybe a half a car apart going through the traps depending on the drivers

Stalker27

Established Member
Alright, So give the win to the Mach on the 1320.

Which car would win in a "roll racing" or "top end" contest?

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
The Mach has more like a 2 - 4 tenth advantage over the Cobra, stock for stock.

A bit more real world power and torque and a bit more gear. The Mach will win the roll race as well, I've seen it happen.

Shinigami

Established Member

A bit more real world power and torque and a bit more gear. The Mach will win the roll race as well, I've seen it happen.

Nope...look at all the MM&FF testes it always under .2 difference. and I have seen stock 99-01 Cobras do 13.3 and Mach1's do 13.2 .

Its no where near .4 of a difference

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Stock Machs have run 12.8-12.9s. It's a 2 tenth difference on the conservative end, 4 tenths on the liberal end with comparable drivers.

AFAIK, MM&FF never did a head-to-head Mach 1 - 99/01 Cobra drag test.

5.0 Mustang did: http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fe..._cobra_mach1_bullitt_comparison/photo_03.html

I just know what I see at the track, a crappy track at that. I see stock Machs running 13.4s or better relatively often, not so for the stock 99/01 Cobras at this track. There is more than a .12 difference same day, same strip, and same or comparable driver.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
No, not really.

Cams, heads, compression, a casting revision to the intake...the 99/01s are definitely no slouches though. Hell, they have the better intake cams.
+1111111111111111
Question is, Which one is faster in the 1320?

If you ask me they will probably be know more than maybe a half a car apart going through the traps depending on the drivers
Sure...a good drvr for the cobra, and avg for the mach..same driver though..see Ben99gts answer.

Mach...generally

+1
the difference is LITTERALY in teh driver, but on AVERAGE the Mach1 will win by about 0.15sec
Nope...look at all the MM&FF testes it always under .2 difference. and I have seen stock 99-01 Cobras do 13.3 and Mach1's do 13.2 .

Its no where near .4 of a difference
MUCH to learn you have grasshopper. Too much mag. research, not enough real world. Stay away from taurus world. LOL
Stock Machs have run 12.8-12.9s. It's a 2 tenth difference on the conservative end, 4 tenths on the liberal end with comparable drivers.

AFAIK, MM&FF never did a head-to-head Mach 1 - 99/01 Cobra drag test.

5.0 Mustang did: http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fe..._cobra_mach1_bullitt_comparison/photo_03.html

I just know what I see at the track, a crappy track at that. I see stock Machs running 13.4s or better relatively often, not so for the stock 99/01 Cobras at this track. There is more than a .12 difference same day, same strip, and same or comparable driver.

+1

ANd as Ben said........99/01 cobra's are NO SLOUCHES..the mach is just a slight improvement.
Now, go into road racing......and I'm sure the cobra will get the nod 99% of the time.

Stalker27

Established Member
I don't know anymore. I just saw a vid on youtube where a 2001 GT w/ CAI, 70mm TB, Aftermarket Plenum, UDP's, x pipe with cats, single chamber mufflers, and 4.10 gears.
He beat the Mach 1 everytime. From a dig he beat him by a good three cars.
I don't know if the Mach is an auto or if it was stock but judging by those races it wouldn't have mattered to the GT

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
You do realize you can find a vid of just about anything on youtube, right?

A GT with those mods would be a decent matchup for a stock Mach 1, mainly due to the gears. It will still be down by a good 20 rwhp or so to a stock Mach 1.

Stock GTs lay down about 230 rwhp, full bolt on GTs will lay down about 260 rwhp, full bolt-on GTs with cams will lay down about 290 rwhp.

Stock Machs will lay down about 270 rwhp, full bolt on Machs will lay down about 330 rwhp, full bolt-on Machs with cams will lay down about 360 rwhp. At every stage the Mach has a much broader powerband paired with much higher peaks.

I've been down this route, the 2V can't begin to compare to the 4V when the playing field is even. Not even close.

TRXboy

Established Member
I don't know anymore. I just saw a vid on youtube where a 2001 GT w/ CAI, 70mm TB, Aftermarket Plenum, UDP's, x pipe with cats, single chamber mufflers, and 4.10 gears.
He beat the Mach 1 everytime. From a dig he beat him by a good three cars.
I don't know if the Mach is an auto or if it was stock but judging by those races it wouldn't have mattered to the GT

So you saw a video of a stock car loosing to a modified car. Theres a new one. :rollseyes

2001SVTsnake

Established Member

in the long run i would say the cobra

the cobra cam's make more hp up top. and make more power

the only reason the mach has the advantage in the 1/4 is because the solid and those 3.55 gear's

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
The Cobra intake cams have more duration, but the Mach has better flowing heads with better port shapes and higher compression. They basically offset one another regarding peaks, with the Mach having better mid-range and more torque. The Cobra doesn't make more power and won't gain back what it gave up down low.

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
^ Well said.

The battle between 01 Cobra and Mach 1 doesn't seem to end!.. both cars are low to mid 13 second quarter mile cars, with a slight advantage going to the Mach 1. Big whoop. Had an 01 Cobra (in good shape of course) been on the car lot instead of the Mach 1 the day I needed a new car, I would have most likely taken home the snake.

Screw buying either one of these cars and go for broke: GT500!

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
You do realize you can find a vid of just about anything on youtube, right?

A GT with those mods would be a decent matchup for a stock Mach 1, mainly due to the gears. It will still be down by a good 20 rwhp or so to a stock Mach 1.

Stock GTs lay down about 230 rwhp, full bolt on GTs will lay down about 260 rwhp, full bolt-on GTs with cams will lay down about 290 rwhp.

Stock Machs will lay down about 270 rwhp, full bolt on Machs will lay down about 330 rwhp, full bolt-on Machs with cams will lay down about 360 rwhp. At every stage the Mach has a much broader powerband paired with much higher peaks.

I've been down this route, the 2V can't begin to compare to the 4V when the playing field is even. Not even close.
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread