01 Cobra "project" for sale

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Deposit down from DH9250, tentatively sold.

Long story short, the car was vandalized and needs paint. Also, luck would have it, I started getting smoke from the exhaust about a month after when sitting at idle then taking off. Diagnosed as bad valve seals, which makes sense as I only drove the car 8,000 miles in 5 years. Its got almost 20k in suspension and drivetrain mods, it walks z06's through corners like they're on a leash. I've given up on it and I'm into bikes now and I need it gone from my parking space to make room for my 2016 1199R on the way and my gixxer 750 beater.

The valve cover is off the passenger side as I started to replace the vavle seals and said screw it. I have all the seals and gaskets to the job, just not the patience or time anymore. I also have about $400 in the proper pieces to degree it within .5 degrees (Cloyes and trick flow gears) all the right stuff.

ALL MODS BELOW ARE AROUND 4,000 miles of use, all purchased new, I have EVERY receipt.

It has a full MM Delrin standard offset front end with billet bar mounts and a steeda bar.
For stopping its got 14" Full Tilt Boogie floating rotors and MMSS lines.
The chassis is fitted with MM Full length connectors and a MM strut tower brace, which is off right now.

The rear end has the Full Tilt Boogie kit, MM dampers and shock mounts, Eibach rear bar on the soft setting. It was aligned at west end alignment and is killer in the curves.

Wheels and tires are cusom offset 18x11 and 18x9.5 Forgestar F14's on Toyo R888's

It has a C&L intake filter, MSD 2 Step, MRT catted H, Bassani 2.5" 03-04 catback

Drivetrain is built like it ate steroids for breakfast. Rockland Standard Gear T56 Tranzila, RXT 26 spline, McLeod billet flywheel, SFI Quicktime bellhousing, Billet slip and billet quick release diff 1350 yokes, custom aluminum driveshaft, 03-04 pumpkin with carbon clutches and 3.55 ford gears, FordRacing pumpkin cover milled by FTBR to accept lowering diff mounts for better drive line angles, 03-04 half shafts. Built to hold 800rwhp all day.

I sold the 03-04 mirrors and rocker panels so it currently does not have any. It has an 03-04 trunk, and Maier Racing chin spoiler.

Right around 65,000 miles I believe.

I'd like to get $6500 as it sits. You can part it out for around 12K, or take a few weekends and fix it with the parts I have and paint it or wrap it and you have a 25K build, I just don't care anymore.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ler-If-you-like-turns-enter&referrerid=128473

Last edited:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
GLWS brotha.

Be sure to post pics of your 16 when ya get it.

After I unload the cobra, it'll be the same day :coolman:

If this one doesn't kill me first lol
image_zpsifzc9hos.jpg

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Pretty interested. I'm not sure if I missed it in the ad, location?

Not sure. I had it as a part out for a while, and most interest was in the trans and brakes, which I expected. Most people ask for prices, then don't reply. Living in an apartment, it makes it nearly impossible to work on like I need to for a part out, so I'm basically cutting my losses and giving it away. Mustangs are slow as dirt after bikes, so I've lost interest :rolling:

03cobraaa

Established Member
Not sure. I had it as a part out for a while, and most interest was in the trans and brakes, which I expected. Most people ask for prices, then don't reply. Living in an apartment, it makes it nearly impossible to work on like I need to for a part out, so I'm basically cutting my losses and giving it away. Mustangs are slow as dirt after bikes, so I've lost interest :rolling:

Where are you located? I couldn't see it in the ad

o4Mach1

Established Member
I only use this site to lurk so i'm not sure if i did it right but did you get my email? I'm interested if you'd be willing to ship it at my expense, i live in ohio

starnsey

Established Member
Wow, if I didn't have a wife and the constant, looming threat of layoffs, I would be taking some vacation days to come grab this thing. I can't believe I'm missing out on this.

EDIT: Got the go ahead to look into it. I PM'd you last night. Seriously interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread