01 Lightning (built) possible trade?

2000gator

Established Member
Have a 1997 rio red/saddle tan cobra. Built/vortech blown 480rwhp 420tq. Also has cobra irs with all new bushings. Have tons of pics, could make more power with bigger head unit. trade?

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
How many miles on it now?
What kind of power putting down?
Whith the motor/blower/ extra fuel what kind of MPG are you seeing with it? (I know stock mpg, just trying to figure if this thing is like.... 8)
Thanks

Tim03cobra

Established Member
The truck has only been driven from my old house to the new one about 20 miles. I'm not sure on the mileage it's not much worse that a stock truck. Our 03 Harley is all stock and it gets about the same as this truck when i was driving it daily. If you hot rod it you can see the gas gage move like the RPM gage.:rolling: It's really a nice truck and drives like stock when your just cruising around. It has about 80k miles on the clock and 5k on the motor.

Last edited:

Tim03cobra

Established Member
Well, I have a problem. The truck has been setting for months then when I took the truck on a trip for a posible trade it acted up. It ran fine on the 40 mile trip there. But, when the other person that was looking to trade me for his mustang drove the truck the transmission didn't want to shift good. It acted like it was slipping on a hard run. On the way home it started taking along time to shift. It looks like i will be rebuilding the transmission. I do have a rebuild kit for the trans that is supposed to be good for 1000 hp. It will be right before i trade or sell the truck.

99lightning_svt

Established Member
Well, I have a problem. The truck has been setting for months then when I took the truck on a trip for a posible trade it acted up. It ran fine on the 40 mile trip there. But, when the other person that was looking to trade me for his mustang drove the truck the transmission didn't want to shift good. It acted like it was slipping on a hard run. On the way home it started taking along time to shift. It looks like i will be rebuilding the transmission. I do have a rebuild kit for the trans that is supposed to be good for 1000 hp. It will be right before i trade or sell the truck.

Pmed :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread