03/04 Cobra What's It Worth?

DoggyB22

Established Member
After reading about this Cobra I'm going out and hug my 2300 mile 03. That is such a sad fate for a car like that. Move on buddy, you'll find a much better one.

LOL! You & me both & I don't even own a Cobra. Haha

I just think in the end If you bought this it would turn to be much more problematic than you realized. I paid just under 20K for mine last summer. There are good deals out there still at not much more than you want to spend that will give you a Cobra astronomically better than the condition this one is in.

I bought mine sight unseen which freaks a lot of people out but I've known the owner and the car for the previous 10 years even though it was 1,800 miles away from me. This by no means that mine is problem free. I'm still finding some odd / weird things with the car but that's not due to the previous owner not disclosing things, its just due to the cars now being almost 20 yrs old and things wear out, break and need to be replaced over time. So you have that factor plus the dumpster fire of *KNOWN* issues with this car, there could be a lot more wrong with it such as engine problems or soon to be issues that are not even known. Its obviously led a hard life. While I'm all for saving as many of these Cobra's as possible some are just better relegated to being more of a dedicated drag car. Overall I think as a turn key weekend, project, summer only type car that most of us buy these is far at the bottom of the list as an ideal car for this.

You said you did not want to spend more than 15K on one right now but even if you got this one for 10K its going to coast so much more to make the car "right" than if you just held off and used that money trying to fix this one and put it into another one that falls in the 20-22K range that would be a much better option overall. Ultimately its your choice and your money, none of us can tell you what to do with it. All we can do is throw our two cents at the wall but I would hate to see you get this car and months later see post from you saying that you are at your wits end with the car and really don't know what to do with it

Appreciate the two cents! Yea well see if I get a phone call. Kinda of moved on. Might buy a C3 Corvette haha. But this guy originally had it listed on Craigslist for $20k. When I checked it out I was like eh where are we getting this price at especially with miles & it having a salvage title. I was told due to getting the driver side door hit. I said maybe $15k but Id wanna do a Carfax on it. After I pulled it up I was "WTF $20k for a car that was stolen & found 2 years later, has literally had every body panel of this car damaged or replaced due to an accident other then the roof!? & it's going on 8 owners?!?" I asked the kid & was like For real do you know this cars history bro because this thing has been all over the US & has hit every single thing or could on it's way from the East Coast to the West. He's lowered it since from $18k & now I think $15k. He asked me if Id do $13k but I said no. Pretty much in the $8-10k is where I'm at.

Can't sell it in its current condition but if it was all fixed up as it should be in normal condition then you can probably get about $8k-$12k for it given the history.
Cobras in good to great condition usually fetch $17-$22k and for the pristine ones they usually start at $26k.
10k max in my opinion

Yep I said $8-10k upon having it inspected by a professional shop first

Venom351R

Established Member
I'd skip the C3 and hold out and get a better Cobra. I do not know your experience's with these Cobras other than you saying you have not owned one but that does not mean you have not ridden in them or been around them. But with that said I think its a much better option than an C3 Vette. There's just something about these Cobra's that make them what they are. I could have bought a newer 5.0 GT or was thinking of buying a used GT350 but in the end I got what I always wanted and why there's an 04 Torch Red Cobra in my garage now.

DoggyB22

Established Member
I'd skip the C3 and hold out and get a better Cobra. I do not know your experience's with these Cobras other than you saying you have not owned one but that does not mean you have not ridden in them or been around them. But with that said I think its a much better option than an C3 Vette. There's just something about these Cobra's that make them what they are. I could have bought a newer 5.0 GT or was thinking of buying a used GT350 but in the end I got what I always wanted and why there's an 04 Torch Red Cobra in my garage now.

Well I actually own a 01 Camaro Z28. H/C/I nitrous, 9", gears & slicks/skinnies. That's my race car/daily. But I am in the market for another fun car. I also have a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I'm lift, L96 6.0 swap, axles, & 37" tires. Also have a 64 VW dune buggy that's street legal. So I'm into cars. I respect any car that deserves it. 03/04 Cobras have always had a soft side. Driven 2-4 of them. Raced a few as well & over the past year wouldn't mind owning one for a year or so do my own thing to it & then part ways after I've enjoyed it enough. Saw this one, really liked it. But unfortunately it has baggage.

Now for the C3. Yea some people hate them I love every gen Corvette. One of my favorite cars. Id get a 80-82 C3 though since the early C3 are expensive af & anything after 72' & before 80' just didn't look as good imo. Really want to get a red one. It's a classic. Yea totally different then a 03/04 Cobra but as you can tell I enjoy every type of car. So well see

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You have a nice, diverse taste of muscle cars. Hope you find your red C3, or Terminator. Keep us posted.

img6989-1555511039771@2x.jpg

DoggyB22

Established Member
Well I don't see it online anymore so I'm guessing he sold it. Hopefully whoever bought it did their research & didn't get ripped off! Maybe well see them on this forum

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It's a hard one. The history makes it nearly worthless, however the parts do add up quickly. Engine + Transmission $8k, IRS $2k - Hood, Bumper, trim ~$1k, seats ~$1k, gauges ~few hundie, Wheels ~ few hundies. You have $10-$13k in parts + you still have a Mustang shell worth $1k. Basic Bitch New Edges still fetch $5k. If the seller is desperate and you can get it under $10k it wouldn't be a bad move. I'd look it as a project car and do a complete swap on a different Mustang with clean title - something like a SN95 Cobra, Mach 1, Bullet, 99/01 Cobra or Fox. Get that clean title and history and you'll have a car worth $15k+ and a little more special then a garbage Terminator.

Users who are viewing this thread