03-04 Salvage title

03SVTsuperCobra

Established Member
How much would a terminator be if it has a salvage title? I've found a few for like 14,500, and more. i personally think thats a little too much, but what do you guys think?

Drew03

Established Member
Yeah my personal opinion is thats too high too. But I guess it would depend on the mileage and mods to the car and the reason it has a salvage title. I bought my Terminator for less than that with a clean title given it does have higher mileage.

03SVTsuperCobra

Established Member
Yeah my personal opinion is thats too high too. But I guess it would depend on the mileage and mods to the car and the reason it has a salvage title. I bought my Terminator for less than that with a clean title given it does have higher mileage.

It had 57k miles and a cai. Thats it. I think it should be like 11,500 or 12,500. around there

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
I paid 13.5 for mine.

Car has 43k on it and engine/trans had 58k

Car had front end damage but was repaired correctly

Car had a filter, x pipe, fr500s, lowering springs, cc plates, and strut tower brace.

Was worth it to me because its sonic blue and was one of my favorite colors.

Drew03

Established Member
Are you looking at one with a salvage title? If so why does it have a salvage title?

FORD4U

Established Member
well I can tell you that I searched for a wrecked cobra for a while before I finally found mine and yes you can find one for 11,500 but you will have to fix it yourself lol, to find these that are repairable for the street you are looking at paying 11-13 wrecked so for a guy to buy one wrecked and fix it right then sell it for 11,5-12 well he won’t be in buss. long. now I am sure you can find a salvaged titled repaired cobra for 12ish possibly but I would be very scared to buy it, often you get what you pay for, while fixing mine I have used all OEM parts to fix everything and I will tell you those are not cheap, I could have easily order the 159.00 bumper cover off eBay and bought the 200.00 rear bumper off ABC ex. to make the repairs but I thought since this is a Cobra it deserves to be restored with the correct parts so I purchased the better parts so if the day comes and I need to sell mine, I will want for then 11,500 for mine. That’s pretty much what I had to give to get mine wrecked, with 70,xxx miles.

on a second note, if I was looking at a DD I would be less concerned that a body line may not match perfectly when compared to a high mileage car, I know a car will still drive with a less than perfect body lines, but a high mileage motor/trans/rear will be extremely expensive to fix when they need regular repairs are needed. This is also based on the idea that the salvaged car drives correct and alignments are correct and what not
good luck with the buy, don’t be afraid of a salvaged car but realize for a person to restore the car it cost money and if done correct the car should be as good as new.

oldmodman

Established Member
I looked at an 04 two years ago but I was just curious.

Turns out that the insurance company totaled the car due to the entire interior being stolen. Seats, door panels, carpets, but not dash. The insurance guy selling it was pretty sure that it was stolen to order for someone that needed the parts to repair his flood damaged car.
And the lock had been popped out so the wheels could be turned.
Car only sold for 8K

92stanglx

Established Member
Not really a big fan of salvage title cars. Most of the time it's hard to confirm why it was salvaged or if the repair work was done correctly. Also, if you need to re-sell the car it will be difficult. The insurance companies will value the car A LOT lower than a equivelant clean title car so if you need to file a claim they won't pay the same as they would to repair a clean title car.

That being said.. there are probably some good deals on salvage title cars if you find the right one and are willing to live all of the above things that come along with a car carrying a salvage title.

Good luck!

FORD4U

Established Member
?

The insurance companies will value the car A LOT lower than a equivelant clean title car so if you need to file a claim they won't pay the same as they would to repair a clean title car.

is this from personal experience? or is this something you read or have thought up? i have owned multiple salvage cars and both the banks and my insurance company had no problem with them, hell when i bought my cobra with a salvage title and only asked for 11,000 they said wow you have a lot of equity in this car for any future plans if i need, car fax described my car as losing 750 value over a "clean title" and insurance told me the car is worth 100% of the value once fixed, all i have to do is show them after pictures of the car, and in many states you can even get a rebuilt title if yo have proof of the damage being correctly repaired.

03SVTsuperCobra

Established Member
well I can tell you that I searched for a wrecked cobra for a while before I finally found mine and yes you can find one for 11,500 but you will have to fix it yourself lol, to find these that are repairable for the street you are looking at paying 11-13 wrecked so for a guy to buy one wrecked and fix it right then sell it for 11,5-12 well he won’t be in buss. long. now I am sure you can find a salvaged titled repaired cobra for 12ish possibly but I would be very scared to buy it, often you get what you pay for, while fixing mine I have used all OEM parts to fix everything and I will tell you those are not cheap, I could have easily order the 159.00 bumper cover off eBay and bought the 200.00 rear bumper off ABC ex. to make the repairs but I thought since this is a Cobra it deserves to be restored with the correct parts so I purchased the better parts so if the day comes and I need to sell mine, I will want for then 11,500 for mine. That’s pretty much what I had to give to get mine wrecked, with 70,xxx miles.

on a second note, if I was looking at a DD I would be less concerned that a body line may not match perfectly when compared to a high mileage car, I know a car will still drive with a less than perfect body lines, but a high mileage motor/trans/rear will be extremely expensive to fix when they need regular repairs are needed. This is also based on the idea that the salvaged car drives correct and alignments are correct and what not
good luck with the buy, don’t be afraid of a salvaged car but realize for a person to restore the car it cost money and if done correct the car should be as good as new.
\

you think you will be selling that car this summer? If you do I'd like to maybe pick it up! But yeah $11,500 would be perfect. How does it have a salvaged title?

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
i gave 14 k for my mystic 89k miles and 11k for the silver 03 with 80k miles both clear title. my friend got a loan for 14500 for his salvage title car with no problems. could depend on your credit score.

03SVTsuperCobra

Established Member
i gave 14 k for my mystic 89k miles and 11k for the silver 03 with 80k miles both clear title. my friend got a loan for 14500 for his salvage title car with no problems. could depend on your credit score.

I might buy that silver one this summer if you have it for sale. You have any pics of it? If you do put some up! lol

FORD4U

Established Member

my bank told me they would loan just as if it was a "clean" title but anyways you got some awesome deals on your cars, let me know next time you find one of those deals lol ill jump at it! 11 for a clear title car is pretty good, well kinda scary that they are getting that cheap

03SVTsuperCobra

Established Member
my bank told me they would loan just as if it was a "clean" title but anyways you got some awesome deals on your cars, let me know next time you find one of those deals lol ill jump at it! 11 for a clear title car is pretty good, well kinda scary that they are getting that cheap

No joke man. thats basically saying that if you can find it, anyone could get a terminator. There just going to have to fix whatever in the hell is wrong with it lol

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
the silver car i bought off here from raul he had it listed for 14900 and i talked him down to 11 cash and the mystic i bought off ebay from the second owner wich was bone stock. he priced it to end the auction early and i was real lucky to get it. i have pics of both cars on my sign in. iam going to do a fox swap with the silver car so i might have a real nice roller for sale soon.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
also i have seen a few cobras on craigslist for 10 and 11k with some trans issues so you might want to look on there in alot of different states. i also bought a 03 from craigslist black that was getting hot ended up being the fan was bad i got it for pay off wich was 9400 this is no bs the car was listed for about 3 months and everone that went to look at it he said was scared of it but it ended up being the fan only so i let one of my friends get it because i bought the silver car at the same time.

Last edited:

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
I definatley will. Where at in ohio are you located? I'll look around that area

athens,jackson southeast. yeah the black car he only had it listed for 10,500 forever so i got it for pay off. this is no bs i also got a 99 cobra for 1800 that was getting hot and it had a cracked thermostat housing. just got lucky i have got alot of smokin deals from there.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I dont see any issue what so ever with Salvaged titles (given the reason). Mines a salavaged title, had no issue what so ever getting a loan (paid 17.5 for mine with 24K miles in early 08). Then again if the car had been in a bad wreck I most likely wouldnt of bought it unless It was fixed correctly. My father was a body man his entire life so wrecked cars have never scared me (as long as its done correctly). However my car was stolen for 3 days and they found it, everything checked out fine but the original owner just took the insurance money instead (I've talked to him). A member on here bought it and then I bought it from him.

Users who are viewing this thread