03 cobra clutch?

jsizzl

Established Member
So I took my cobra out and I'm having trouble putting car in gear...any gear especially 1st and reverse. Any idea what it is? Only thing I remember doing is down shifting early 9 days ago but no clanking only burned(?) Clutch smell...any idea what it could be??? Thanks guys

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

Svtmustang01

Established Member
We need more info. Is there any sound? Does it become easier to shift when its hot? How old is the clutch? Where is your friction point on pedal throw?

jsizzl

Established Member
Ok..no noises and it only engages after pumping and holding down clutch a few times. I feel like I'm going to break something if I force it into gear. Clutch is original. I feel resistance right away...moving from neutral to any gear especially 1st and reverse... car wasnt drivable for much time so couldnt tell if it would get better once hot..fkin sucks. I appreciate your help!

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

cooper1320

Established Member
happened to mine, put a new stage 3 clutch, adj heavy duty cable, new firewall adj and clutch quad, that added with the mgw shifter makes driving a hell of a lot better.

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
I had the same problems one time when I pulled up on the pedal to self adjust. There is info somewhere on the internet to adjust the clutch manually, it maybe worth a try.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I had the same problems one time when I pulled up on the pedal to self adjust. There is info somewhere on the internet to adjust the clutch manually, it maybe worth a try.

+1, op's symptoms show that he needs to tighten his cable

Users who are viewing this thread