03 Cobra Clutch

RU NAZT

NAZT
Established Member
Is the 03 Cobra Clutch pedal supposed to be so stiff? I drove a couple of other 03's and the pedal is not as stiff as mine, any need to worry?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
RU NAZT said:
Is the 03 Cobra Clutch pedal supposed to be so stiff? I drove a couple of other 03's and the pedal is not as stiff as mine, any need to worry?

That could be early signs of a Throw-Out Bearing (TOB) going bad. Clutch pedal stiffness was one of the first things I noticed when my TOB started going south. There's a TSB for the TOB (04-01-34), so if you start hearing any chirping or squealing when the clutch is fully engaged or disengaged, that may be your problem. But don't worry, most dealerships will perform that (very simple) TSB no questions asked and no problems.

Another possibility, if your clutch is starting to wear out, clutch pedal stiffness can increase. I experienced this when my clutch was (according to the tech at the Ford dealership) "about 1 millimeter away from completely worn out". They replaced the clutch disc and the pressure plate (had a few warped fingers) and my clutch felt lighter than it EVER had.

Hope this helps man :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread