diehl.21

hey guys I am having an engine built at the machine shop using the stock Kellog crank, Stock Manley rods, I need to order pistons suggestions on make and what compression?

2.8 kenne bell mammoth lc
3.5" Blower Pulley
Lower pulley Metco 4#
ARP Head studs
Still has t56 manual transmission
Exedy Stage 2 Clutch
Resurfaced Flywheel
Busa Pumps
Full bassani exhaust with long tubes
Irs with 4.10 gears
Dual 044 fuel pumps
80lB injectors

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Any company can make a custom piston. Gibtecs are no better than anyone elses custom piston the only advantage is they already have a base design due to Ed. If you go gibtec (which is a great company to deal with) do not let them lower the piston in the whole as many tend to do.

9.5:1 is a good compression for a street car with a big twin screw. Get intake reliefs in case you add cams later down the line, you do not need exhaust reliefs. If you want out of the box setup go wiseco.

My custom came from CP.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I've got the stock 3.55's from my old 04 IRS. Id sell them cheap if you're interested..

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
I'm not really qualified to comment on the pistons. JBA tuned the rebuilt engine on a Mustang dyno. It's a ported (stage 8) Eaton that did 412 rwhp. By way of comparison, 412 rwhp on a Mustang dyno equates to approximately 460 rwhp (SAE) on a Dynojet.

IllCobra

Established Member
I'm not really qualified to comment on the pistons. JBA tuned the rebuilt engine on a Mustang dyno. It's a ported (stage 8) Eaton that did 412 rwhp. By way of comparison, 412 rwhp on a Mustang dyno equates to approximately 460 rwhp (SAE) on a Dynojet.
Well how is your car holding up? How long and how many miles does it have with the rebuild?

Users who are viewing this thread