03 cobra hard to shift..?? help i have no clue

99whine

Established Member
ok i have a 03 cobra with 43k miles on it..it has a 2.93 pullie,jlt cai,steeda shifter,steeda tensioner, and a sct tune on it..it runs strong problem is if i rip on the car at all its hard to get it outa gear if i want to shift fast.. but just driving slow it seams to shift ok ?????? i have no idea what makes it like that any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
wrong section brotato. look within the 'how-to' section within the terminator section. there's a thread titled 'how to adjust your clutch cable'. if that doesn't work for you, than you may have issues with the transmission

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
wrong section brotato. look within the 'how-to' section within the terminator section. there's a thread titled 'how to adjust your clutch cable'. if that doesn't work for you, than you may have issues with the transmission

this.

theres a how-to on how to modify the stock plastic clutch quadrant/adjustment to where you can get aftermarket quadrant results without spending a dime or doing that sort of install.

I had the same issue, 3rd gear laughed at me at the track. I could bang 1-2 and 3-4 no problem, 2-3 was hit and miss, most often misses during crunch time. It got to the point though even normal driving it was getting bad, and all gears were getting notchy and troublesome. Did the freebie clutch quadrant mod, got two clicks and it was PERFECT.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
This is interesting but I wonder if it will also apply to my pos T-45 in my 99. If I try to speed shift the shifter will just get real notchy and won't go into gear as quickly. Lol, everybody says I'm "granny-shifting" but it's all I can do

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
This is interesting but I wonder if it will also apply to my pos T-45 in my 99. If I try to speed shift the shifter will just get real notchy and won't go into gear as quickly. Lol, everybody says I'm "granny-shifting" but it's all I can do

I dont see why not :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread