03 Cobra has run its course

my04mach

Established Member
The only thing the OP cannot do is complain if he does not like our responses because he asked for them.

In general, ^this^ is what I meant.

After all is said and done, (obviously) it’s his choice to make. We have to accept that, but we don’t have to like it and we don’t have to accept his complaints about our comments.

my04mach

Established Member
In another 10 years, the Terminator will still be worth more then the Z06 and the 17 GT :) :)

By that time, they could certainly be going for what they were selling for in 03-04. True, that there are a lot of sn95/newedge mustangs on the road, but IMO it’s the terminator engine and the story surrounding the design of it that will make them increase in value as the years pass. It’s obviously why the 2000 Cobra R is going up in value. The Mach 1’s don’t have this special story and neither does the 01 Bullitt.

It’s too bad OP couldn’t have stored the stock parts, because it might make it easier to decide not to part such a low mile car out.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Going 100 in a vintage Mustang - modded or stock - feels like 150+ in a modern day car. More vibration, more noise...old school. I say go for it OP. You already know it isn’t hard to upgrade a vintage chassis to handle rings around a Cobra. And it will catch a lot more people by surprise at the same power level compared to a Cobra. As long as you have a solid plan the end product will be worth it. Good luck!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Going 100 in a vintage Mustang - modded or stock - feels like 150+ in a modern day car. More vibration, more noise...old school. I say go for it OP. You already know it isn’t hard to upgrade a vintage chassis to handle rings around a Cobra. And it will catch a lot more people by surprise at the same power level compared to a Cobra. As long as you have a solid plan the end product will be worth it. Good luck!
I get it, the OP plan.
I’m doing the same thing to what was a perfectly clean Teal ‘93 Cobra.
I had just as much fun cruising the ‘93 as my ‘14 GT500.
I just wanted a better powertrain in the Cobra. So Coyote swap, Magnum, IRS incoming.
I’m sure he’ll enjoy the Terminator swapped ‘67 more than his current Cobra vert.
I guess it all depends on the math. I’d probably put the Cobra up for a fair but higher end price and wait til someone really wants it. I’m sure that $20-25k would make more sense than swapping and selling a Cobra vert roller.
Still, like you’re saying Ron, the vintage Mustang with a Terminator drivetrain will have the look and feel you can’t get from the Cobra.
Good luck.
-J

BadAzztt

Established Member
Ha, lots of emotion going into this thread. First, as I said a few times in this thread I expected some backlash and haven’t once complained about any comments. 2nd I am also not complaining about not getting the money for my mods back. Simply stating that I have done them and since they can’t be recovered I might as well reap the rewards of them in another way. Why should I sell cheap so someone else can get the benefit while I double my output on another project?

The Terminator was the head of the class in its day but is average at best these days. As far as value, I’m not looking to sell the 67, 07 Z06 or 17GT. That said, I picked up the 67 with no rust and clean paint for $15K. Has anyone seen what restomods are selling for these days? There is a market for those with money but without the skill to create something. But again, not my intention to sell.

Lastly, I appreciate those who understand the possibility of the project. The suspension and drive train are still formidable and respectable platform. I had this car cutting 1.6 60 ft times on 18” drag radials with the IRS. Drop 800 lbs off this car, throw the suspension in a 67 and what you have is a car that will look and drive better than most. Has anyone seen how highly modified 67’s do in autocross? It will be a great all around driver, start up with ease, reliable to drive anywhere and turn heads wherever it goes. What’s not to love?

Users who are viewing this thread