03 Cobra owner claims about 800rwhp

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
dont see why not. i hope to get there myself. i made near 700 on the 21 psi with my KB. If i were to add a 100 shot, then you have the 800hp. I think it could happen. Ow and if he will sell his for 60k i will sell mine for 50k.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Stock cam? Even if the answer is YES it is definitely possible to get 800 to the rear wheels. There is someone on this forum who is going for the '800' but I can't remember who it was. However, if I was buying this car I'd want to see dyno sheets proving the claim.

21psi...damn. Not sure if it has stock cams, but I'm going to go look at it tomorrow and will definatley take pictures.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can't wait to see those pics. Some engine closeups, too! :)

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
It's possible, but I dont know of anybody that has hit that mark yet, except for the black turbo 03. Not even the guys in Texas have been there yet, I dont think so anyways?!?!

EngCon

Established Member
We have been passed 800 for awhile but the stock longblock does not like that much power. I suspect that my car is tickling 900 now - I am in in Calgary working but dyno numbers are just numbers. Wait till the first of Feb. and I will let ya what she does at the track. Also keep in mind that there are a few automatic cars making that kind of power but it is thru a C-4 so it won't show a big "number".

Jay

sambandit said:
It's possible, but I dont know of anybody that has hit that mark yet, except for the black turbo 03. Not even the guys in Texas have been there yet, I dont think so anyways?!?!

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Cool, well I knew if somebody had done it, it was you guys. Keep us posted on your new results! Still got the 6 speed and IRS in there?? I hope so.

Fast Willy

Established Member
Do i think its possible yes, I wount beliee it until i see a dyno pic and I would never buy a car like that because its probably about to blow up. And espually for 60k.

mj8

Established Member
KENZILLA said:
dont see why not. i hope to get there myself. i made near 700 on the 21 psi with my KB. If i were to add a 100 shot, then you have the 800hp. I think it could happen. Ow and if he will sell his for 60k i will sell mine for 50k.

700... WOW :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
$60,000 :eek: I would be driving a new (used) Viper for that. You could mod your own 03 Cobra for less than that.

I do remember some 03 Cobra putting down 990hp. I'm not sure if it was rwhp or not, but 990 flywheel would be over 800rwhp. It was some twin turbo setup with cams. I'll try and find a link.

Last edited:

EngCon

Established Member
Yes definately still have the 6-speed and IRS. This car will never have an auto or straight axle!!! You will be able to see what see ran at the Shootout in next months issue of MM&FF with a built motor and not tuned - let's just say she was down about 80hp from where she should have been with the 2.2 and now we have the 2.4 on her now. So I am axiously waiting to get home and go to the track.

Jay

sambandit said:
Cool, well I knew if somebody had done it, it was you guys. Keep us posted on your new results! Still got the 6 speed and IRS in there?? I hope so.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
before you buy the car, reasarch the story of the kid who bought nitrous pete's. quite often you're paying more for the story than you are for the car. these cars are pretty cheesy in the chassis department and a lot less than 800hp can tear them like beer cans. you may be buying a car thats just about clapped out, not fresh as a daisy. at least thats the way i remember the kid's saga after he bought nitrous pete's car.

caveat emptor.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
before you buy the car, reasarch the story of the kid who bought nitrous pete's. quite often you're paying more for the story than you are for the car. these cars are pretty cheesy in the chassis department and a lot less than 800hp can tear them like beer cans. you may be buying a car thats just about clapped out, not fresh as a daisy. at least thats the way i remember the kid's saga after he bought nitrous pete's car.

caveat emptor.

I wonder what ever happened with Nitrous Pete's old car. Did the kid turbo it? Anyone know?

That was 00svtdubs [Eric] who is going for 800 rwhp w/nitrous. He is getting his car back tonight or tomorrow, I think.

EngCon

Established Member
Nitrous Pete's old did have a turbo on it by the new owner - at least it did at WFC7.

Jay

flyn high again said:
I wonder what ever happened with Nitrous Pete's old car. Did the kid turbo it? Anyone know?

That was 00svtdubs [Eric] who is going for 800 rwhp w/nitrous. He is getting his car back tonight or tomorrow, I think.

Rwick7

Established Member
EngCon said:
Nitrous Pete's old did have a turbo on it by the new owner - at least it did at WFC7.

Jay

Last I heard the car was getting a big pushrod motor and a procharger :bash: :bored:

See you in May, Jay :beer:

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
sslayer96 has 800rwhp out of his cobra, I know its a 5.4 stroker with a KB. I dont know the other mods.

RossSVT

Established Member
Tasca Ford in RI has been above 700 RWHP since the begining of 04. They make the addidtions avalible as a KR700. They have been working on an 800 RWHP edition over the summer. I am not sure if they are there yet. Here is a link to the Pic of the KR700. It was at the Annual Tasca Mustang Day attened by John Force.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17735

Users who are viewing this thread