03 cobra rowing gears

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
This was back when I had the ported eaton. I take it easier now with the VMP TVS until I eventually upgrade to the magnum.

A healthy T56 should shift pretty good. Very direct transmission.

First-on-race-day

Established Member
This was back when I had the ported eaton. I take it easier now with the VMP TVS until I eventually upgrade to the magnum.

A healthy T56 should shift pretty good. Very direct transmission.

Nice shifting. What is your clutch set up? Did u do the clutch cable adjustment yourself?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Nice shifting. What is your clutch set up? Did u do the clutch cable adjustment yourself?

That was an 03-04 clutch, fidanza aluminum flywheel, steeda quadrant. Such an easy setup. 530whp

Now have the RXT, 26 spline, steel flywheel. 711whp. Now I need to run some slicks instead of the 18in toyo TQs. Halfshaft went boom last outing.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
The stock quadrant has a "release" tab on it that messes with the cable adjustment if you try and shift her quickly. Before I changed quadrants I got under the steering wheel and bent the stupid bracket out of the way, so the adjustment would stay put. I think it may have been in the "how-to" section.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Over the years a lot of folks have complained about the T-56 notchiness. The anti-venom mod was a helpful solution. I remember back in 2003 or 2004 there was a discussion about arm/hand position on the shifter and how important it was to smooth shifting. I experimented with just my hand position and did find that where my hand was, and the angle of my arm, definitely played a role. At least with the T-56. One guy even came up with an ingenious handle extension that positioned the shifter handle in a better location. Those who used it said it really helped. MGW offers various handles to improve on shifting characteristics. To this day, I still believe the position of the handle is important on the T-56.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I drove my buddies 65

manual everything

like driving a truck.

made cobra feel nice for awhile

I know when I oiled my clutch cable
Pedal effort changed.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member

CustomX

Established Member
Good job shifting!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Thank you!

Guy thats the best ive ever seen someone shift a t56 cobra. Tell me your secrets please haha

Good clutch, shifter & cable adjustment go along way. And lots of practice. I'm running a MGW shifter, OEM ford clutch cable with firewall adjuster and an RXT clutch. Also running pennzoil synchromesh in the trans.

Users who are viewing this thread