03 cobra stock blower or m122?

Dalton_ray

Established Member
I have come to the point with my cobra i'm ready for more power.
Right around 500hp in my 03 vert on the stock blower with 2.76 pulley and full bolts on. Debating on doing a port, or doing the gt500 blower swap project on it..

anyone that has done this swap please key in on this want all your opinions.

Prototype007

Established Member
If you don't mind spending the money to do the GT500/H122 blower swap, then why not?

Any thoughts on having the H122 blower ported if you choose that route?

cj428mach

Established Member
I personally would just go terminator specific twin screw/tvs you won't regret it. I personally wouldn't want to hack up my terminator for a GT500 supercharger just to save a few $100.

Nice to see another some what local 03-04 owner on here.

bfletch76

Established Member
Stiegemeier just finished up my Eaton with the Snakebite and M112/M122 hybrid conversion. Very excited to see how it does. It's going to be a while before I install it with the other upgrades I am doing. Going to be a long winter.

Dalton_ray

Established Member
sorry fellas, didn't see people had commented!

me personally i'm wanting to "hack" up my terminator :rockon: to be a little different from all the twin screw guys and still make the around the power a 2.3 whipple will make...

plus its my vert, i think i will be more than happy with mid 5xx horsepower.

Prototype: I do plan on having it ported as soon as i can find a blower someone doesn't think is gold.

CJ428: you too bud where you from in ks?

lucheski

Established Member
Running the M122 with the adapter plate kit doesn't require any "hacking" I was one of the 1st ones to run the kit. Made power in sig, The m122 made like 100ft/lbs more torque than my 2.8 Mammoth kit on same boost.

FastNick01

Established Member
As stated above, I would just do the TVS. Make great power and are not really that expensive.

Lucheski no disrespect or anything but you only spun the Mammoth to 18lbs. Running such a big blower/inlet on low boost would most definitely yield sub par numbers. My Stock inlet non mammoth 2.8 KB made 685 with room to go further but ran out of injector.

lucheski

Established Member
Lucheski no disrespect or anything but you only spun the Mammoth to 18lbs. Running such a big blower/inlet on low boost would most definitely yield sub par numbers. My Stock inlet non mammoth 2.8 KB made 685 with room to go further but ran out of injector.

Its actually pullied for 22 but yields 18...Not sure why the previous owner setup this car on only 18lbs. I ordered 105s and bigger pumps last week for some E85 goodness stay tuned:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread