03 cobra vs. 03 z06

03cobra34

Established Member
A friend of mine just bought a 03 z06(stock). We have talk about racing at some point. With my mods (see sig) what do you guys think the outcome would be?? I reposted this becouse I put it in the wrong forum on accident.

03Bra

Established Member
It will definately be yours. I have raced a few Z06s, and the outcome has always been the same. Have fun embarrassing him at the track!

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Get your shifts right and you shouldn't have much of a problem. I've raced a few cobras with similar mods and they usually win by 1 to 1.5 car lengths in a race to 100. I didn't miss any of my shifts and neither did they. If they had...I'd have eaten their lunch.

Knute

Established Member
My friend also has a Z06 but he wont race. He says he didn't buy a Z06 to race and tear it up. I think he just can't drive or is afraid of getting beat by a car -$20,000!

450rwhp seems like alot to just beat a Z06 by a car length so, with my coldair and catback he would beat me if he can shift, right?

How much would he pull me, racing too 100mph?

sn8kbite

Established Member
The cobra will easily do in excess of 100 MPH in a mere quarter mile run.in fact an average driver will see anywhere from 110 to 115.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by Knute

450rwhp seems like alot to just beat a Z06 by a car length so, with my coldair and catback he would beat me if he can shift, right?

How much would he pull me, racing too 100mph?

Yes given equal drivers you will lose. Probably about a car length maybe 2.

valdo's toy

Established Member
slythetove- Not to start a flame war but if I were in your area I will win over your Z-06 anytime!!! Just kidding guys but I'm sure a Z-06 won't stand a chance against a lightly modded Cobra, believe me even up to 170 plus mph. Just my 2 cents!!!

vipergts281

Established Member
I raced a stock Z06 last week. I only have a CAI and catback. I was at his bumper 3 of the 4 races and at his door on the other race.

With your mods, you will win.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by valdo's toy
slythetove- Not to start a flame war but if I were in your area I will win over your Z-06 anytime!!! Just kidding guys but I'm sure a Z-06 won't stand a chance against a lightly modded Cobra, believe me even up to 170 plus mph. Just my 2 cents!!!

The question I was addressing was about an exhaust and CAI only. That Cobra will not win given equal drivers. Sorry.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
The question I was addressing was about an exhaust and CAI only. That Cobra will not win given equal drivers. Sorry.

Stirring the shit again my friend :beer: Sly is correct, a stock pullied snake with cold air and exhaust is not going to pull on a z06....well maybe on the moon.... it would be a very close. I only pulled 1-2 car lengths on sly from roll in 2nd with a 2.90 pulley, cai and exhaust. The Z06 ain't no slouch gents...maybe you guys have been racing old men that cannot row the gears...

Last edited:

cyaford

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
maybe you guys have been racing old men that cannot row the gears...

:lol:

I've seen soooo many Z06s run 13s to 14s at the track. It almost seems like 1 full second between shifts. :lol:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by cyaford
:lol:

I've seen soooo many Z06s run 13s to 14s at the track. It almost seems like 1 full second between shifts. :lol:

It's funny because it's TRUE!!! hahaha

Man I need a H/C package... :burnout:

cyaford

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
It's funny because it's TRUE!!! hahaha

Man I need a H/C package... :burnout:

I went to the Z06FEST in Bowling Green last year and felt pretty good about my crappy runs after watching other members. I wheel-hopped my way to a 12.70@116mph. :cryying:

TheYellowCobra

Established Member
When I was stock I beat a Z06 at the track 12.6 to his 12.9. A friend of mine could only get a best of 12.8 out of his Z06. It might be the driver, I don't know.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by TheYellowCobra
When I was stock I beat a Z06 at the track 12.6 to his 12.9. A friend of mine could only get a best of 12.8 out of his Z06. It might be the driver, I don't know.

It's definitely the driver. You were driving the wheels off a stock Cobra, and they were driving a little less than average in the Z.

There have been instances of Z06s in the 11s stock. It's rare, but the drivers that do it are incredible. One of them even posts on this board occaisionally.

Keyser Soze

Grim Reaper
Established Member
I got a friend who had a 87GT with some small mods, intake, cold air kit, gears, mild porting. I i watched him beat a Z06 4 outa 5. He is one hell of a shifter, the Z06 didnt have a chance it was funny. You see this car and it looks like a POS. The the guy went back to Austin and about 4 months later he came back in a 03 Cobra (stock) and again my friend got him but it was 3 outa 5 god was he pissed. I guess the other guy sucked at shifting but it sounded ok to me, but i would say traction was a problem for him. All this was done on a back road in the middle of no where, at the track my friend wouldnt stand a chance.

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
Stirring the shit again my friend :beer: Sly is correct, a stock pullied snake with cold air and exhaust is not going to pull on a z06....well maybe on the moon.... it would be a very close. I only pulled 1-2 car lengths on sly from roll in 2nd with a 2.90 pulley, cai and exhaust. The Z06 ain't no slouch gents...maybe you guys have been racing old men that cannot row the gears...

I'll second this statement as well ;-)

I out ran a "lightly modified" ZO6 from a roll and from a stop by two car lengths each time... but my car has it's fair share of mods. I'm sorta friends with this guy and he took me for a ride in it last weekend... the car was truely badass... and this is coming from someone who bleeds Ford blue. His car only has a lid... and a "ram air intake" of some kind (don't remember offhand what it is).

A pullied Cobra with cold air and a catback should win... a non pullied Cobra with same mods will likely get beat. It all comes down to the driver in that instance.

Shannon

Users who are viewing this thread