03 Cobra vs 2010 Camaro SS

tophand

Established Member
I was merging onto the freeway today as a shiny orange SS drove past. When I went to merge I heard the upshift and he took off. I paid no mind because I was in no mood after a long day at work. We drive through the toll road and by this time I was about 2 cars behind him and he hammers it leaving the EZ pass. I smiled when I saw his license plates "YULWIN". I took his plates as a sarcastic challenge to my manhood. I caught him at the light and was treated to the typical I drive a cool car and its fast and I know it personality. I asked him what was done and he said "Stuff". I responded with an equally cool guy line like "Oh yeah? sweet :dw:
This guy is a douche.

Check Traction control...its off
Im good.
3k rpm launch, a bit on wheel spin and put a car on him. By second gear i had another half a car.
Speed limit was 60 and that was enough for me. I dont need anymore excessive speeding tickets. Regardless, he never drove past my window and turned off shortly after.

This was my first run in my cobra since I got it last week and it felt good.

:beer:

tophand

Established Member
2.93 pulley, JLT intake and a Borla cat back. Tuned a Few years ago by the original owner (Im the Second)

I was suprised he didnt put up much fight. Definitely gave me a confidence boost
:thumbsup:

TurboPh1sh

Established Member
I ran into an one a while back. We ran from like a 5 MPH and I put about 5 cars on him... Had to of been an auto.. I trap 119MPH.

and yesterday jumpin on the toll road i merge next to an SS and he goes by and never slowed down actually kept a pace of about 5 cars ahead. I guess he was afraid?:shrug::shrug:

Im sure you wouldnt be saying they are slow when you pull up to one with a decent cam and supporting mods.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
I ran into an one a while back. We ran from like a 5 MPH and I put about 5 cars on him... Had to of been an auto.. I trap 119MPH.

and yesterday jumpin on the toll road i merge next to an SS and he goes by and never slowed down actually kept a pace of about 5 cars ahead. I guess he was afraid?:shrug::shrug:

Im sure you wouldnt be saying they are slow when you pull up to one with a decent cam and supporting mods.

They are still heavy as shit (and ugly to boot).

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
I have owned my cobra about a month and my first kill was a newer SS, except from a roll. Nice kill bud, how are you enjoying the termi so far?:beer:

S8ER01Z

Established Member

Even you have to admit in stock form it's not going to hold a candle to the OP.. a joke.. sure (my car is a joke as well..so it doesn't bother me at all).. to someone to comes from a Camry or Accord it's going to be the fastest thing on earth... all perspective when it comes to that.

Arboc_tvs

Established Member
Even you have to admit in stock form it's not going to hold a candle to the OP.. a joke.. sure (my car is a joke as well..so it doesn't bother me at all).. to someone to comes from a Camry or Accord it's going to be the fastest thing on earth... all perspective when it comes to that.

All very true. The Camaro is cool in that it is attracting more people to the pony car community. There are 2 guys at work with new SS's. Both never had a pony car before. They also both were convinced that their stock SS's were frikkin rocket sleds tho. I demonstrated otherwise.

1996slowbra

Established Member
All very true. The Camaro is cool in that it is attracting more people to the pony car community. There are 2 guys at work with new SS's. Both never had a pony car before. They also both were convinced that their stock SS's were frikkin rocket sleds tho. I demonstrated otherwise.

They are heavy... oh so heavy though i will say they are pretty attractive cars, but they seriously need to be put on a diet, i mean almost 4000lbs for an SS auto is a bit hefty.

I have also noticed that most of them seem to be driven either by middle aged men who bought one over a porche, or teenage girls who wanted to feel like megan fox.

Users who are viewing this thread