03 Cobra vs 2010 gt500

Status
Not open for further replies.

69b302

Established Member
[/QUOTE

Who's jealous?? I love the car I drive. I cant speak for everyone but I can for myself, I CAN afford a gt500 :lol:. Im not sure why this "termi/GT500 crap" bothers you so much. Its just a discussion. I had two different deposits on (2) 2010's and decided for what I wanted out of the car, a whippled cobra was just as fun for less money. I just made a different choice.
And BTW carrol shelby had next to nothing to do with the car your driving today.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe you bought the same car three times. Live a little and try something new.

Last edited:

melissa809

Established Member
Ah come on....lighten up, people....I am just an OBSERVER...and when I OBSERVE I like to comment on it.......sue me....hahahaha

ANd yeah..I know, I know.....Carroll Shelby who is like freakin' 90 years old had minimal input in the design of my car...BUT, it's still a Shelby........hahahaha....

Now, do me a favor, Crank it up, it's FREEDOM ROCK!!!!!!

SlowSVT

Established Member
sorry, i wasn't completely clear. i owned a very stock 2000r, and that is the way it stayed. i also owned a very tastefully modded terminator. they were both very tight in the corners, obviously the r was superior. i never swapped out the irs, i was referring to selling these cars and replacing them with a solid axle 2010 shelby gt-500.

and yes, there were new shocks, springs, and sway bars; but the platform was unchanged from '79.

Are you suggesting “shocks, springs, and sway bars” are the only things that set a 79 and 04 model (and a Terminator at that) apart?

What number Cobra R did you say you owned? :dw:

Dude, not sure what rock you crawled out from under but Ford was very busy changing things since they stopped building the Model T. Having owned both a Terminator and an R and now a GT500 it’s astounding how ignorant you are to this and perhaps its worse then you’re leading us to believe :nonono: I am not trying to be down on you but you really need to refrain from making posts on topics you know nothing about which is why I responded. There are quite a few impressionable people who may actually buy into your vague generalizations resulting in even more ignorance which can spread like a virus. Too much of that kind of thing kills web sites.

Claiming to have owned 3 of the baddest Mustangs made yet not knowing a thing about any of them at this stage would make explaining how cars evolve pointless. What you can tell all your friends with 100% certainty is that a 79 mustang of any variety shares not a single part other then misc hardware with a 2004 Terminator, a Cobra R and very likely a 95R and even a mod motor GT. Engine and suspension mounting points are the only things that were unchanged which Detroit does to maximize interchangeability between model years. Considering you could move a whole Terminator drive line into a 79 Granda is amazing. Imagine all the “hurt & humiliation” you could dole out in that one

You are obviously not a car guy. A Cobra R owner would not chose the words you did to describe the cars handling and include the word “Terminator” in the same sentence :nono: You’ve been made!

I suggest you limit your posts to stating your opinion or asking technical questions until you manage to educate yourself better. I have no patience for morons but you weren’t being a real “Richard” about it which is why I am going easy on you.

:beer:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
See now, this thread has turned into a nice little diversion for a cold winter day!:eek:

96slowbra

Established Member
Are you suggesting “shocks, springs, and sway bars” are the only things that set a 79 and 04 model (and a Terminator at that) apart?

What number Cobra R did you say you owned? :dw:

Dude, not sure what rock you crawled out from under but Ford was very busy changing things since they stopped building the Model T. Having owned both a Terminator and an R and now a GT500 it’s astounding how ignorant you are to this and perhaps its worse then you’re leading us to believe :nonono: I am not trying to be down on you but you really need to refrain from making posts on topics you know nothing about which is why I responded. There are quite a few impressionable people who may actually buy into your vague generalizations resulting in even more ignorance which can spread like a virus. Too much of that kind of thing kills web sites.

Claiming to have owned 3 of the baddest Mustangs made yet not knowing a thing about any of them at this stage would make explaining how cars evolve pointless. What you can tell all your friends with 100% certainty is that a 79 mustang of any variety shares not a single part other then misc hardware with a 2004 Terminator, a Cobra R and very likely a 95R and even a mod motor GT. Engine and suspension mounting points are the only things that were unchanged which Detroit does to maximize interchangeability between model years. Considering you could move a whole Terminator drive line into a 79 Granda is amazing. Imagine all the “hurt & humiliation” you could dole out in that one

You are obviously not a car guy. A Cobra R owner would not chose the words you did to describe the cars handling and include the word “Terminator” in the same sentence :nono: You’ve been made!

I suggest you limit your posts to stating your opinion or asking technical questions until you manage to educate yourself better. I have no patience for morons but you weren’t being a real “Richard” about it which is why I am going easy on you.

:beer:

you don't get it, the chassis is the same from 79-04. modified strut, sure componenets of the car are different, but the platform remains unchanged. clearly the body, motors and other misc has been changed through that period. i am sure you are some expert on the matter, but i assure you, that this is correct info.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It seems that these threads always end up the same way unfortunately.

I can see that we're not getting anywhere! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread