03 Cobra vs C5 Z06.. who will take it

CobraKraiger

Know Not Anxiety Or Fear
Established Member
im gonna give the edge to the cobra as long as you dont race and race and get heat soaked. I say go for a roll ive owned both cars and the vette is easier to launch and gets the power down much better than the cobra. Try to roll out at about a 45 roll and i think you can get him. good luck and let us know how it turns out.

SuperRok

Established Member
im gonna give the edge to the cobra as long as you dont race and race and get heat soaked. I say go for a roll ive owned both cars and the vette is easier to launch and gets the power down much better than the cobra. Try to roll out at about a 45 roll and i think you can get him. good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Why is it easier for a Vette to put the power to the ground versus a Termi? Thinking of turning to the darkside and ridding the 03 Cobra for a Z06.:nono:

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
well my neighbor and I have always been back and forth on whos car is faster but after 4-5 years of both of us owning our cars we've never actually lined them up.

You and your neighbor have been going back and forth for 4-5yrs and never raced and all of a sudden now it's going to happen:shrug:

Anyway, depending on how good your port is you'll win especially with the DRs. I'd say go from a dig to seal the deal though

SinisterCobra

Established Member
You and your neighbor have been going back and forth for 4-5yrs and never raced and all of a sudden now it's going to happen:shrug:

Anyway, depending on how good your port is you'll win especially with the DRs. I'd say go from a dig to seal the deal though

Basically since I was in the military so I was gone for about 3 years, I've been back for a year now and still haven't raced.. It will get done soon though

Satyr

Established Member
I'm going with the Vette because I think he's making more power with those mods than he says.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
60 rwhp is what I was thinking as well, I am hoping with my mods I am close to 500 which should be more than that 60, so I am hoping I can take him.

I kind of skimmed through your post, I thought you were just pullied making 450rwhp. With a port you have a good chance, but I wouldn't surprised if that Z06 puts down a lot more than 410rwhp on a different dyno.

SBVERT03

Established Member
If the Z06 really has all that done to it then I would say those dyno numbers are pretty conservative. Depending on what cam he has I would expect him to be making more like ~440ish to the rear wheels.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
If the Z06 really has all that done to it then I would say those dyno numbers are pretty conservative. Depending on what cam he has I would expect him to be making more like ~440ish to the rear wheels.

+1. Given equal drivers, I think the OP will get pulled. Only one way to find out though!

CobraKid04

Established Member
Depends if ur home port is any good and if his numbers are right...given the info I say drivers race 40 to 120 with the advantage to the cobra.

emerica4601

KCCO!
Established Member
In my experience I needed about 60rwhp to PULL EVEN with a C5Z from rolling speeds.

I raced a cam/bolt-on one with my car making about ~500rwhp and we were practically dead even.

I think with tthe mods you listed for the Z06 he will take you. Your best chance is to race him from a dig in some decent weather.

in my experience its more around 80rwhp for me. The power to weight on the z's are just a million times better. I needed a ported blower to beat my buddies 400rwhp z06. If you're making over 500 and he's definitely at 410, you should edge him out. Flatshift the car ...

SinisterCobra

Established Member
I kind of skimmed through your post, I thought you were just pullied making 450rwhp. With a port you have a good chance, but I wouldn't surprised if that Z06 puts down a lot more than 410rwhp on a different dyno.

I had 450 on my previous setup, but I added an Accufab, 2.76, fuel mods, and a home ported blower.

it was 410 on a dynojet and I was there when he dynoed it, so I know thats what he has. It is an 01 Z06 not an 02-04 which come with the 405hp badge, so I really dont know if there is much of a difference.

+1. Given equal drivers, I think the OP will get pulled. Only one way to find out though!

Yes sir!!!

in my experience its more around 80rwhp for me. The power to weight on the z's are just a million times better. I needed a ported blower to beat my buddies 400rwhp z06. If you're making over 500 and he's definitely at 410, you should edge him out. Flatshift the car ...

I hope im around or close to 500, regardless I will POWERSHIFT.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
I use to hang/edge out cam and bolt on c5 zs prior to my port/lower/longtubes and motor work.... I think you should be fine.

CobraKraiger

Know Not Anxiety Or Fear
Established Member
Why is it easier for a Vette to put the power to the ground versus a Termi? Thinking of turning to the darkside and ridding the 03 Cobra for a Z06.:nono:

I turned quite a while ago. Check my sig. My z06 with 535 to the ground is easier to hook up than my cobra with 460 to the tire was. Better weight transfer and its a different torque curve.

Quickshift_02GT

Established Member
If you go to 200mph you lose. If you go to a 1/4 mile then you've got an excellent chance of winning.

If they are going to 200mph, they are both going to lose. The z06 won't even make it anywhere close to that speed. :-D

...don't get too cocky before the race about a confident win, it may surprise you. These z06's pull like a freight train at 100+. Good luck!

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Naturally aspirated makes the Zs more predictable and easier to launch. They build the TQ up has the rpms raise. The Cobras are putting out crazy amounts around 2500 and that is what sends them up in smoke so easy. On the other end of the spectrum get them to hook and that's what throws the cobras out front so fast.

SinisterCobra

Established Member
hasnt happened yet, i'm still working on getting my tune, and I just got offered a job in Houston so i'll be moving in the next couple of days, this probably wont happen for a bit.. sorry guys =/

Users who are viewing this thread