03 Cobra VS CLS63

MineralCobra

Established Member
So after some bad snow storms and roads full of nasty salt we had hard rain the other day to clear the streets her in Northeast to allow some racing to happen:-D. Been asked for the last few weeks to run a V8 Bi-Turbo CLS63 with tune and down pipes but I refused to take car out on salty roads. So last night we set it up and drove 30min away to the spot where the runs was about to go down.. I can say that the cobra was definitely underestimated especially when they saw it was a convertible lol

Anyways

1st run... 40mph roll 3 honks cobra hooks instantly with the 315s and start pulling I slap 3rd gear and cobra is a full car ahead i left off no point of going further

2nd run.. request to do 40-140mph so we line up 3 honks cobra fights for traction the entire 2nd gear CLS63 pulls half a car cobra slams into 3rd and starts reeling the cls63 in by the end of 4th cobra has a car length on the cls63.

if I had traction the 2nd run I would have put a easy 2+ cars but traction is a bitch in 40* weather.

Cobra 560whp 510TQ but during this race 2* timing was added for whatever that is worth

Cls63 should be around 700hp and 800TQ+ (Crank HP) on tune only

At the end it was fun night and fun runs very proud on my heavy convertible cobra with 94K miles

Franco

Established Member
Saw that on ig this morning. Nice kill.
Is the guy with the Benz from Long Island? I think I have seen the car at captree.

Jiffy

Established Member
GREAT WORK! Those AMG's sure look pretty friggin impressive, great to hear! I took a guy out last night and let him drive my Cobra - he's had a few muscle cars and I'd just driven his freshly restored 428CJ 4spd car earlier. He thought the Cobra was 'the fastest car he'd ever driven'.

MineralCobra

Established Member
GREAT WORK! Those AMG's sure look pretty friggin impressive, great to hear! I took a guy out last night and let him drive my Cobra - he's had a few muscle cars and I'd just driven his freshly restored 428CJ 4spd car earlier. He thought the Cobra was 'the fastest car he'd ever driven'.

Thanks, These new cars today are some piece of art for sure, especially these new V8 twin turbo BMWs and AMGs. They make insane power on stock motors. As for the cobra is sure is impressive for people who haven't been in one before lol

avgt500

Established Member
I had a 07 CLS, but it was just a 550, I think the 07 to 10 CLS 63 is one of the most beautiful cars made, not too fond of the new bodystyle, and the 6.2 na is one of the best sounding v8's at song ever made.

Users who are viewing this thread