'03 Cobra vs. question

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTVenom
Who would win between a bone-stock '03 Cobra and a Cam/headers Z28 LS1?
If you truly mean Cam/Headers not Headswap/Cam, I'd say Cobra...other way around I say Z28 (depending on how agressive the motor work is, H/C cars run 11's, easily).

P.S. Stock vs. Modded is an old, tired argument.

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Re: Re: '03 Cobra vs. question

Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
If you truly mean Cam/Headers not Headswap/Cam, I'd say Cobra...other way around I say Z28 (depending on how agressive the motor work is, H/C cars run 11's, easily).

P.S. Stock vs. Modded is an old, tired argument.

It is just a Z28 with cam, long-tube headers, true-duals, basic mods. It is a friend of mine who thinks he can smoke any stock '03 Cobra on the planet. I was like, I don't think so.

Trader

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: '03 Cobra vs. question

It is just a Z28 with cam, long-tube headers, true-duals, basic mods. It is a friend of mine who thinks he can smoke any stock '03 Cobra on the planet. I was like, I don't think so.
so a bolt on LS1 with a cam? They are going to dyno within 10-20 hp of each other depending on his cam.

Going to be up to driver skill.

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: '03 Cobra vs. question

Originally posted by Trader
so a bolt on LS1 with a cam? They are going to dyno within 10-20 hp of each other depending on his cam.

Going to be up to driver skill.

Aight. He said he would blow its doors off because his weighs "400lbs less." :rollseyes I was like the Torque will make up for that. :burnout:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: '03 Cobra vs. question

Aight. He said he would blow its doors off because his weighs "400lbs less." :rollseyes I was like the Torque will make up for that. :burnout:

Tell him to go to the track and run the 1/4 mile. A good driver in a stock 03 Cobra can turn 12.50's to 12.70's at sealevel at around 113 to 115 mph.

Then he will know his answer.

Harry Mager
www.HotRodHarrys.com

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
I would put my vote for the 03 Cobra, but if the Cobra driver can't work the shifts, and the Z28 could, then he would get blown away

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Having a Tri-Ax shifter will surely help! But then it wouldn't be "stock". :)

03CobraBro

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: '03 Cobra vs. question

The Camaro's weighs under 3300 pounds?? Not too shabby. Thats over 100 pounds less than the mach1... I was under the impression that the purpose of a modular V8 was that it was more effitiant/weighs less. Thats surprising, esspecailly since the Mach1's seem to be running alittle stronger than the Stock LS1's...

Last edited:

BOOOOST

Established Member
I've ran several of my friend's heads/cam CamBirds, and we were all either dead even, or barely pulling on one another. It just depends on who is the better driver, but in reality, a properly performing h/c CamBird will have more power than the Cobra stock.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Bolt on/cam LS1 cars can run 11's easily. Our 98 T/A has pretty much all the bolt ons, long tubes, gears, and a very mild cam. It dyno'd 384rwhp. Although we haven't had it to the track yet, I raced a buddy on the street in his 12.2X Lightning and pulled a couple of lengths and stayed there. But, all the power in the world means nothing if you can't get it to the ground, or if you can't drive.

StickyFinga

Established Member
The weight difference isn't 400 pds.

Also I think everyone is overrating the Mach1, that car is simply a Bullit with a shaker hood. We all know that stock Bullits still got smoked by SSs so why would this car be any different?

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by StickyFinga
Also I think everyone is overrating the Mach1, that car is simply a Bullit with a shaker hood.
And the DOHC motor with torquey cams, and the 3.55s, and the low 13 second (stock) timeslips ;-)

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by StickyFinga
The weight difference isn't 400 pds.

Also I think everyone is overrating the Mach1, that car is simply a Bullit with a shaker hood. We all know that stock Bullits still got smoked by SSs so why would this car be any different?

Maybe you need to do a little reasearch there. I haven't seen any 7000 RPM 4V's in a Bullitt lately.

Users who are viewing this thread