03 cobra vs. TT 350Z, T civic, and late 90s M3

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
first race with the M3....we eased off from a stoplight, ive got 3 ppl in my car, and he guns it, so do i...pull hard first, then hit 2nd perfect, and by 6200 he was about 3 cars back. not a very interested race, he was stock...BUT had his girl in the front seat so thats always nice

next was the turbo civic...he kept messin around with me, and i didnt pay any attention to him until i heard his BOV...well i let him have the hit, and suck him up like a stock LS1 :p

this is the good one...i see a gold 350Z pull up to me at the light, and ive got the windows down and the 30-something guy says to my buddy in the passenger seat "when these turbos spool, that cobra is toast"...big no no. so i pedaled first a little bit, and grabbed 2nd...we were door to door...through 3rd, and were still dead even. i hit 4th and just started to walk away...had him by about 2 cars by 140...VERY quick car

this was all in a 20 min drive to one of my homegirls house...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I dont understand why people talk crap before you race. You just look like a bigger idiot when you lose.

willy_sc5.0

Established Member
cwaters1184 said:
that 350Z should have beat you though. with a TT and bolt ons they can pull well over 500. not to mention it also weighs less, and you had 3 people in your car.

Did you read his signature? :poke: I don't think so! :D

Cobrajunkie

Established Member
Damn nice setup your running....
Speaking of turbo civic, you have to watch out.... one of my friends good buddy owns a late 90s civic which is blacked out, looks pretty bad ass. He was at the track and a camaro wanted to see him run before they raced. He kept it out of boost and went slow for like a 14 sec 1/4 and the camaro wanted to go then. well then the civic let the camaro hear his BOV and you could just see the "oh shit" in his face. Well the civic ran a 11.2**....hauls balls. The mullet got OWNED! :banana:
Nice races!

Blackhalo

Established Member
cwaters1184 said:
nice kills, that 350Z should have beat you though. with a TT and bolt ons they can pull well over 500. not to mention it also weighs less, and you had 3 people in your car.

Umm no... there a few greddy tt 350's here in houston and most of them are making close to 350whp and less.. Havent seen one here above 400 whp.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
Nice kills.

the TT 350's won't make much more than 370 rwhp on stock internals without blowing up.

IE Evo

Established Member
cwaters1184 said:
nice kills, that 350Z should have beat you though. with a TT and bolt ons they can pull well over 500. not to mention it also weighs less, and you had 3 people in your car.
I was surprised that the 350 z did so well to keep up. I have beaten a slew of them things with an upgraded turbo or supercharger. Never seen one put down a really good time at the 1320. As far as waiting for the turbos to spool remark; :bash: I guess you did not wait long enough. Good Kills. :bash: :fart:

MATT SS

11secCobra said:
first race with the M3....we eased off from a stoplight, ive got 3 ppl in my car, and he guns it, so do i...pull hard first, then hit 2nd perfect, and by 6200 he was about 3 cars back. not a very interested race, he was stock...BUT had his girl in the front seat so thats always nice

next was the turbo civic...he kept messin around with me, and i didnt pay any attention to him until i heard his BOV...well i let him have the hit, and suck him up like a stock LS1 :p

this is the good one...i see a gold 350Z pull up to me at the light, and ive got the windows down and the 30-something guy says to my buddy in the passenger seat "when these turbos spool, that cobra is toast"...big no no. so i pedaled first a little bit, and grabbed 2nd...we were door to door...through 3rd, and were still dead even. i hit 4th and just started to walk away...had him by about 2 cars by 140...VERY quick car

Nice Kills!!!!!!!!

Why did u put down the LS1 though???? :cryying:

How much did all the mods cost you???

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
IE Evo said:
I was surprised that the 350 z did so well to keep up. I have beaten a slew of them things with an upgraded turbo or supercharger. Never seen one put down a really good time at the 1320. As far as waiting for the turbos to spool remark; :bash: I guess you did not wait long enough. Good Kills. :bash: :fart:

i had 3 ppl in my car...i weigh 275, my buddy weighs about 260, and my other buddy weighs about 180. i usually dont ride with 3 ppl in my car, but for some reason when everybody piles up in my car, all the fast cars come out haha

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
Bowtie092 said:
Nice Kills!!!!!!!!

Why did u put down the LS1 though???? :cryying:

How much did all the mods cost you???

i just like messing with the LS1 guys...its cool, i know how fast an LS1 can be...hell, i helped my buddy build a car, and the only mods were LTs, true duals, W1 cam, TH400, 3600 stall, and a 100 shot, and it would run 10.80s all day on a 26" tire

my car is just a basic bolt on car with a built solid, and a ported blower...oh yeah, also the spec 3i and 26 spline input shaft

SVTspeed

Established Member
I had a 350z... and it was N/A best i ran with headers intake pulleys exhaust was a 13.26 stock clutch.

The greddy TT is a POS

the best turbo out now is The APS Twin Turbo Kit .. all said in done with install ur looking at like 8500-9000 $$$ however with basic bolt ons you will run mid 11s (11.4-11.7) and with internals done (cams and pistons) anwhere from 10-10.5 ... www.racemrc.com i was sponsored with them and they just put there turbos on in the fall... the silver 1 has basic bolt ons and the gold one got rid of his ati-procharger and got the APS but is almost done with all internals.. aftermarket clutch obviously... hes hoping to hit low 10s! all with no spray... he eventually waants to use a 200-250 shot and hopefully run low 9s..

Last edited:

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
11secCobra said:

Nice Kills! I particularly enjoy the 350Z kill, I've hated those cars ever since one beat me back when I had the two-valve. :-D

stangfreak

Established Member
500hp with a tt on a 350z on a stock block? bro go back to watching fast and furious

nice kills bro

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
stangfreak said:
500hp with a tt on a 350z on a stock block? bro go back to watching fast and furious

nice kills bro

As previously said I HATE them but I do think they come with forged internals.

Users who are viewing this thread