03 Crank no start

thewrubelator

Established Member
Hello, having some issues with my 2003 Cobra. Car will crank over fine, but will not start. Has boost a pump, he Jed fuel pump fuses, changed FRPS, battery cables are good, no codes, no lights...car will just not start. Anything I'm missing or should check? I can hear pump kick on when KOEO. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Crank sensor maybe? Do you have a scanner or tuner device to pull codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thewrubelator

Established Member
The car started up initially, then just died out immediately after, crank no start condition since then.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
And you are sure you have fuel pressure?

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I have heard of the fuel lines on the fuel pump in the tank busting when running a boost a pump. Might be something to check also. Which verifying fuel pressure would tell you that.

thewrubelator

Established Member
I have heard of the fuel lines on the fuel pump in the tank busting when running a boost a pump. Might be something to check also. Which verifying fuel pressure would tell you that.

I assumed there was psi as I could hear pump prime, but after popping the rail valve, nothing came out with KOEO... so next step would be dropping tank to verify lines didn't blow off? I've never had a tank out on these cars, but if a line blew off, there wouldn't be a leak? I've only owned this car for a few weeks..but am no novice to troubleshooting. Just need to know where to start. Lol.

zredfire04

Established Member
the rail should hold pressure for a while, BUT the pump only runs for a few seconds KOEO. make sure you're checking for fuel pressure the instant the key is turned on.

if you get no fuel from the valve, you've either got a hose off in the tank or a seriously stopped up fuel filter. i changed my fuel filter with the whole IRS out, and struggled with it...damn hoses didn't want to come off the filter. with the IRS in i don't think i could have changed the filter at all.

probably time to drop the tank. try to change the fuel filter while it's out even if it's not the problem.

thewrubelator

Established Member
the rail should hold pressure for a while, BUT the pump only runs for a few seconds KOEO. make sure you're checking for fuel pressure the instant the key is turned on.

if you get no fuel from the valve, you've either got a hose off in the tank or a seriously stopped up fuel filter. i changed my fuel filter with the whole IRS out, and struggled with it...damn hoses didn't want to come off the filter. with the IRS in i don't think i could have changed the filter at all.

probably time to drop the tank. try to change the fuel filter while it's out even if it's not the problem.
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to get someone over to check the rail faster than what I am doing then. Either way, there is nothing coming out. I'm going to drop the tank tomorrow, I will get a fuel filter and swap it out as well, thanks for the heads up.

If a line is off in the tank, is there a fix to prevent it from happening again? Should I replace anything while I'm there? New lines perhaps?

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, new lines for sure, but verify for sure the pumps run and pressure at the rails. You might be able to hear sloshing around in the tank if a line blew inside the tank.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I had a line blow off 90 miles after it all was installed. Talk about frustrating. Stranded me a gas station. If I were to ever have the tank out again, it would be getting good pumps and do away with the BAP and likely just go full return

thewrubelator

Established Member
I am borrowing a Fuel PSI Tester from work tonight, going to check that, if nothing is on the gauge, I am pulling the tank to check the hat.

I do plan on doing a full Return system, but right now I just want to enjoy the car as much as I can until Winter shows its dirty little face here in Michigan..lol. I'm sort of in a crunch as I get the car tuned next Monday, so need to get this squared away.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I'd at the very least get some GT supercar pumps (inexpensive) while you are in there. Sell the BAP. I've had so many fuel issues with the stock pumps and BAP set up I'm just bitter haha. Still on stock pumps tho out of a low mile car because like you I wanted to get back on the road and they were available at the shop

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

thewrubelator

Established Member
Ah ha!!!! I think that's the problem!!
B5D3AB8D-6ADA-4FB2-B39A-E51AE748C9F1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread