03 mach 1 black 127k, blown head gaskets $5000 obo

blkvenm97

Established Member
I have been doing some thinking on this and have finally decided to go ahead and put it for sale before I change my mind again. Here's the deal...this is a 2003 Mach 1 that is black with dark charcoal leather interior with the IUP. It is a 5 speed and has 127k original miles but the previous owner had some problems with the original engine and purchased a ford racing crate engine. It's the 4.6 dohc 320 horse crate engine that they offer...it is basically the same thing that comes in a mach 1 anyways. This engine has around 8k miles on it. It has the blue valve covers. Has the 03-04 mach -1/cobra heads and the cams are of the 03-04 cobra varient I do believe. As far as I know both the engines they offer have forged internals the only difference is one has 8.4:1 compression for supercharged engines and this one is the N/A version that has 10:1 compression (same as a stock mach). Car ran great until one day I was driving down the interstate and the car overheated on me. The temp gauge was reading normal (not sure why) so that is why I wasn't aware it was running hot sooner. I know it's blown both the head gaskets and as far as I know that is all that is wrong with it. When we last had the car running (we put water directly into the block and into the radiator until it would evaparate through the exhaust and start to get a lil hot then we would turn it off.) When it was running it ran smooth...as in no missing or anything of the sort. Car was down on power but that's normal with a blown head gasket/gaskets. Car even sounded good still. It has k&n cold air intake, bbk long tube headers, bbk offroad xpipe and flowmaster mufflers. Also has a bama mail order tune on it and will come with the tuner as well. Has a steeda tri-ax short throw shifter and the car is in overall good shape. Has new paint on the outside with stripe delete (I was debating on weather or not I wanted to put red or silver stripes on or leave it as is). Interior is in 90% perfect shape with small issues. Has some small wear on the driver bolster which as you know is normal on 100k-plus mile Mustangs. Has a very small rip on passenger seat (looks as if someone had gotten in the car and something in their pocket might have poked a small hole in it). Other than that is in really good shape on the inside. Basically my reason for selling is I am in a bad spot and I simply don't have the money to fix it myself. I had planned on doing just that but reality has finally hit and I must let it go. I also need a car that runs that I can drive now. This would be easy to fix for the do-it-yourself kinda guy or even if you had it put in the shop and had it fixed it would definately be worth it. This car is an overall awesome car and I would like to see someone get it and fix it up the way it deserves to be. I simply cannot do it right now. This is my loss your gain. I'm asking 5k obo
located in southwest Virginia,
Michael

blkvenm97

Established Member
photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

blkvenm97

Established Member
i just tried posting some pics from my facebook and that obviously didn't work out too well so.....I guess email me for pics unless someone can put them up for me I havn't posted pics in a good while and I don't really know how

Users who are viewing this thread