03 mach 1 cam/hp question

tayl91

Established Member
Ok I have an 03 mach 1. Rod bearing went bad and my engines shot. I'll be getting a remanufactured engine from search parts and have a few questions on What I should do.

Current mods: k&n cai, steeda tri-ax shifter, borla cat-back exhaust, and sct livewire tuner.
Im hoping to get in the 350-400 rwhp range..my ideas right now are LT headers, comp cams 106400, and 4.10 gears. Where should this put me and what are some opinions on the 106400?? I've heard good and bad..is anyone running these?

tayl91

Established Member
Well as long as im over the 350 marker I guess I'll be happy.. and I was planning on going with pacesetter LT's painted Cuz I really don't have the money for a nice set. Can my stock h-pipe be cut to fit the headers or do I have to get an after market? All I can find is the x-pipe combo but I like the sound the hpipe makes

dark-knight

Established Member
i just ordered pacesetter LT's and i already had a upr X-pipe on, so im just gonna cut mine and make it work with the new LT's

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
just talk to nasvt and see what he thinks.. 350sae is easy

Bahaha, now you say talk to Nasvt....I think you should go with 3.73's, and non-Drag radials.

If you can't afford Kooks, id go with Hookers. It's best to hold off, and do the best of the best. I'm just waiting for a Fr500 Intake to help push me towards 400rwhp.

tayl91

Established Member
I think 3.73s wont be enough for that size of cam. I'd prolly bogg in the low rpms. Plus it wouldn't be much of a change from stock.

cobra916

Established Member
Bahaha, now you say talk to Nasvt....I think you should go with 3.73's, and non-Drag radials.

If you can't afford Kooks, id go with Hookers. It's best to hold off, and do the best of the best. I'm just waiting for a Fr500 Intake to help push me towards 400rwhp.

i might not agree with certain things and i say smart remarks but i give him props... plus op is asking for 350-400 hp.. which will need more extream measures then simple lite cam that i like..

SHAKN' 04

ToRchEd 04'
Established Member
Ok I have an 03 mach 1. Rod bearing went bad and my engines shot. I'll be getting a remanufactured engine from search parts and have a few questions on What I should do.

Current mods: k&n cai, steeda tri-ax shifter, borla cat-back exhaust, and sct livewire tuner.
Im hoping to get in the 350-400 rwhp range..my ideas right now are LT headers, comp cams 106400, and 4.10 gears. Where should this put me and what are some opinions on the 106400?? I've heard good and bad..is anyone running these?

i believe the 106100's will get you really close to what the 106400's will make. Im quite sure the set up im going with next month to be installed will be well over 350sae, 106100's degreed (spec'd by nasvt) ported full length intake, 4.10 gears, 39lb injectors, 90mm lmaf, accufab tb, i already have longtubes, jlt rai installed with o/r x and stinger catback.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
i believe the 106100's will get you really close to what the 106400's will make. Im quite sure the set up im going with next month to be installed will be well over 350sae, 106100's degreed (spec'd by nasvt) ported full length intake, 4.10 gears, 39lb injectors, 90mm lmaf, accufab tb, i already have longtubes, jlt rai installed with o/r x and stinger catback.

Your doing all that work for only 20 more then your sig?
Are your numbers 330 std or sae or a guess?

tayl91

Established Member
Well since no one that's posted is running the 106400s do you think 4.10 will be steep enough? I'd go with 4.30s but its a daily driver.

dark-knight

Established Member
why is everyone scared to daily drive 4.30's

I had 4.30's on my car, and it was perfect. power everywhere.

4v_mach1

Established Member
Well as long as im over the 350 marker I guess I'll be happy.. and I was planning on going with pacesetter LT's painted Cuz I really don't have the money for a nice set. Can my stock h-pipe be cut to fit the headers or do I have to get an after market? All I can find is the x-pipe combo but I like the sound the hpipe makes

I was on the same page at one point, but mac long tube headers aren't bad for the price chrome coated.. only around $350-$370

SHAKN' 04

ToRchEd 04'
Established Member
Your doing all that work for only 20 more then your sig?
Are your numbers 330 std or sae or a guess?

so the cams degreed and ported full runner intake will only get me 20hp? the only mods on my car are longtubes, xpipe, catback, and jlt rai. my numbers are std which I really don't care about the sae/std factor. my track times matter the most, my highest trap with full weight/stock gears is a 113.21 and best et 12.92 with worn nittos555r. Ive read your post on the registry and am expecting numbers (std) right around yours.

Users who are viewing this thread