03 mach 1 cam/hp question

2 cam sam

Established Member
we just installed some 106400's in my buddys Mach he had JBA mids, X pipe, SLP catback, K&N CAI, and UDP. we didnt degree them just slapped them in with the right valve springs and he just got it tuned Yesterrday made 371rwhp STD on a dyno dynamics dyno in 104* heat. id say that it a happy dyno but ive seen alot of cars dyno on it and the numbers are not at all high.

So with a short runner your buddy would be at about 380 rwhp. So about 20 hp more than the smaller cams.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Is there much difference between numbers of a dynojet and dyno dynamics?

They can be, I've seen them read much higher and also much lower. Kinda like mustang dynos, everyone says they provide lower hp numbers but recent experiences have showed me they can also read lower.

Last edited:

cobra916

Established Member
we just installed some 106400's in my buddys Mach he had JBA mids, X pipe, SLP catback, K&N CAI, and UDP. we didnt degree them just slapped them in with the right valve springs and he just got it tuned Yesterrday made 371rwhp STD on a dyno dynamics dyno in 104* heat. id say that it a happy dyno but ive seen alot of cars dyno on it and the numbers are not at all high.

you should have your bud get it on a dyno jet just to get sae numbers.. my buddy with his 96 dynoed 30hp higher on a dyno dynamic.. but they are the best dyno to tune on..

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
...he just got it tuned Yesterrday made 371rwhp STD on a dyno dynamics dyno in 104* heat.

The outside air temperature means nothing when looking at the factored number...that's the reason for SAE and STD factoring. It could be 30 degrees outside and teh factored number will be the same as on a 104 degree day.

Chances50

Established Member
The DD read within 3 hp of the local Dyno jet a day apart. We had 2 Dyno days a few months back one on a saturday one on a Sunday one guy his fox to them both and was within 3hp.

I dunno bout all that he dynod it STD so from what I understand that's what the car makes right then and there. I know for a fact my car runs better in 70* weather than it does in 100* weather.

If this matters a 2.8 KB supercharged 2011 GT on albs made 475rwhp on that same Dyno so it's not a high reading Dyno.

They are just numbers no reason to get caught up in them. His car runs damn hard compared to mine an I have 322 on a Dyno jet.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I dunno bout all that he dynod it STD so from what I understand that's what the car makes right then and there. I know for a fact my car runs better in 70* weather than it does in 100* weather.

The "Uncorrected" numbers are the actual numbers and they vary greatly with temp, humidity and pressure. SAE and STD numbers are factored and do not vary at all with changes in atmosphereic conditions.

All cars perform better at cooler temps.

1cln50

Established Member
I just bought a mach 1 with the 106400's and full exhaust and 4.10s it runs good slight lopey idle. Previous owner dynod the car and it made 365/358

all mods are in my SIG

Users who are viewing this thread